baby dolls

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

DH's elderly aunt and uncle want to buy the girls each a baby doll for their first birthday. I did a brief fly-by of the doll section at Target yesterday, but didn't really have long to look (because of fussy babies). The ones I saw all looked complicated (ones that wet, cry, etc.). Can anyone recommend a nice, simple doll that would be appealing to one-year-olds?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My dd LOVED her newborn cabbage patch doll at 18 months (her 2nd birthday). I have pictures of her 'love' as it was a chore to get it out of the box. :)

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I was going to get the girls Cabbage Patch Kids as well :good:

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

We just bought CPKs for our nieces (1 y.o. and 2.5 y.o.) for Christmas gifts. That would be the doll I'd suggest! We got a boy CPK for our older DS for Christmas when he was 1.5 and he loved it! :)

5. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

There's usually a good selection of soft baby dolls at places like Toys R US. They tend to have plastic faces, hands, and feet and then soft bodies. Anything like that would be good for the girls.

6. SommerNyte

SommerNyte Well-Known Member

They are pricey, but my DD got Bitty Baby (American Girl) for her first birthday and still plays with it 4 years later. :)

7. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

All the dolls I've seen are for 2 years+, so I'm a bit reluctant to get any... I bought a CPK but I'll probably wait until she's 3 to give it to her.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We bought a CPK doll for Sophia for Christmas, I think those might be the best right now. I did see the Bitty Babies which are super cute but given their cost, I might wait until she is older to get one of them for her.

9. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

what about waterbabies? They have infants and newborn. I was thinking about these, but hadn't decided.

Jen