Baby Einstein Jumperoo

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mwarner, May 23, 2010.

1. mwarner

mwarner Active Member

We bought this yesterday, and once we got home we realized the instructions say you shouldn't use it until your baby can sit on her own. Well, ours can't yet, but they can hold their heads up and have good trunk control. Should we wait? When did others start using a jumperoo?

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

We have been using a jumperoo since they were about 4 months actual. At first, they were in for just a few minutes, but we gradually increased the time. They still cannot sit unsupported but love the jumperoo and sit just fine in it.

3. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

We started to use this when the boys were 6 months. They could sit, but not for long and definitely not independently at that time.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think we started around 6 months as well.

5. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

We also started ours a little sonner than we should but we would pad the seat. I would stuff blankets around them so they don't wobble too much.

6. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

We started using it about 6 months and our kids loved it because they wanted to be upright but weren't sitting yet. They didn't sit unassisted until after they were already crawling (about 8 months)

7. Tracy5780

Tracy5780 Well-Known Member

we have 2 of the same exersaucers and started using them at 4 months and they were fine

8. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

We just got Blake an exersaucer and although it says 4 months until walking age it also says not to use it until sitting unsupported which he isn't. None of my kids started sitting until around 7 months but I think it is fine to start using this as long as they have good head control and seem comfortable in it. So far Blake has only spent probably a total of 5 minutes in ours because he is still a little wobbly and it makes me nervous but I'm sure by next month he'll be good to go. :D

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We started once they had good head control and were fairly strong in the torso. I.e. standing up on our laps with help. I would say that was about 5 months for us.

10. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

We started too around 4.5 months with our jumperoo and our exersaucer. They both had good head control and we put blankets in around my son who is a little thinner than my daughter to fill the extra space around him in the seat a bit. They both love them, and my daughter figured out how to REALLY jump quite quickly. We were amazed! We don't leave them in for long as it can do damage to their hips.