baby lumps?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by paperclippy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

So for the past week or so I've been occasionally getting these big hard lumps in my belly. They're pretty localized and they last anywhere from 5-30 minutes or so. I called my doctor's office and they said it sounds like it's just the babies wriggling their way into some awkward positions, and it's nothing to worry about. I was just curious if anyone else has lumpy babies! It can be pretty uncomfortable sometimes, but it doesn't hurt or anything.

2. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I had it with mine! They were flipping and pushing hands and feet and butts out ... It always made me laugh!

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Orion pushed his head under my ribs and would hook a heel under the ribs on the other side. It hurt badly!

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Why do they LOVE the ribs???? Jackson kept his feet in my ribs .... Holy moly the pain! At one point I thought for sure he'd broken my rib!

5. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I remember rib kicking and also my daughter's little butt sticking out right under my right rib cage. It made it really difficult/impossible to breathe sitting down when she did that. I'm still waiting for my twins to get big enough to experience it x2. I remember lying in bed one morning and I could just see the outline of her leg. It was pretty cool.

6. dab_20

dab_20 Member

My baby B loves to stick her bum out for long periods of time. It can be so uncomfortable and looks so funny!

7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My ribs hurt even thinking about it! I had an anterior placenta so I didn't see outlines until they were pretty big, but oh man, did I feel the foot in my ribs! That was the worst.