Baby Mia has arrived

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tracy623, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Tracy623

Tracy623 Well-Known Member

Well I have MIA for the past week since our daughter decided to enter the world a week early.

Short Story:
    Water broke at 1:20am on 1/24/08. Emelia "Mia" Lillian was born at 6:22am via c-section. She weighed in at a whopping 8lbs. 12oz. and 19 3/4in long. That is how much my twins weighed combined at birth.
    On Day 3, we discovered that Mia was Jaundice from ABO compatibility and needed 2 rounds of Billi-lights. We stayed an extra day in the hospital.

Long Story:
    My water broke at 1:20am! Luckily, DH was home and we called my dad to watch our twins and headed to the hospital. I was really nervous since I knew this was it. It was a week before our scheduled c-section. We arrived at the hospital and they checked me and monitored my contractions. Luckily, they weren't that bad because the anisteologist (sp?)would not do my c-section until 8 hrs. after my last food. I ate a pear at 9:30pm so we had to wait until 5:30am.
    I was freaked going into the operating room. DH had to wait while I was prepped before he could come in. I had a spinal and the numbing HURT a lot.......especially since I was contracting while leaning over the table. My Dr. was sweet and came over and held my hands. They started the section and after a few min and a little tugging out came that baby. The Dr. told us it was a girl and I was HAPPY since we didn't have a boys name.
    I almost fainted when they said she was 8lbs. 12oz........I am only 5'2" and started out at 115lbs. Thank goodness she was c-section. She scored APGAR scores of 9 and was perfectly healthy. She immedietly started latching on and BF after I came out of recovery and has been feeding like a champ ever since.
    The morning of Day3 we got some bad news that she was Jaundice and it was severe. After some testing, we learned that she had ABO incompatibility which causes Jaundice and can be severe if not treated. She is A+ and I am O+ so her body was fighting the blood cells of mine that she recieved via the umbilical cord. So after 30hrs. under the lights in the special-care nursery she came back to the nursery only to go back the day we were supposed to be discharged. The hospital let me board there at no cost so I could stay with her. I was so grateful since I had to leave my twins at the hospital and I did not want to go home without a baby again! Today, she was cleared after another 20 hrs. under the lights and we came home. I am EXHAUSTED since I have only slept about 4hrs. each night but happy!

Thanks for letting me share!
    Tracy

2. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your big, beautiful girl!

3. Jocasta

Jocasta Well-Known Member

Congratulations - love the name

4. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and great job with the big baby.

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:banana: Congratulations! Beautiful name! Great birth story! Glad everything turned out alright!

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :Clap:

7. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

So glag everything turned out ok. I love the name!

8. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

What a beautiful name! I'm glad that delivery went well! Sorry to hear about the jaundice, but I'm glad they got it under control!

Congrats on your newest addition!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :birthday: SWEET GIRL!!!!

10. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!

11. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

:birthday: Mia

Congratulations on your healthy big baby girl!!

12. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

13. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! x

14. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!

LOVE the name ( one of our DD is Emelia- we call her Emma)

15. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm glad it all has worked out. Enjoy your new bundle of joy.

16. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

Congratulations....I love the name Mia.

17. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

18. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Congrats, thats awesome news!!