Baby Shower

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ward, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ward

ward Well-Known Member

When I was pregnant with my son we decided at 7 Months to have the baby shower for several reasons. At 7 months we were in the month of october then november was my birthday and then december was chirstmas and then january was when he was born. This time around the doctor is going to be putting me on bed rest in may around the 25th. Im wanting to have the baby shower shortly after i get put on bed rest mainly because im assuming i wont be on strict bed rest just moderate. So when should i have this lovely baby/babies shower lol? When did you do yours?

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

With my twins I had my shower at 25 weeks. I had NO idea that I would be put on bed rest 3 weeks later. I was on moderate bed rest and was not supposed to go anywhere except dr appointments. At home I had to stay on the couch or bed and was not to do any cleaning, no organizing baby stuff, no cooking, no nothing except bathroom or to get quick stuff from the kitchen and back to the couch or bed. If I were you I would do it before bed rest strikes since you have warning. That way you will be able to be up and about to go through and get your baby stuff ready!

1 person likes this.
  3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I had one at 24 works from my co-workers. I worked in a school at the time and school was letting out for summer, so that was the reason for that timing. My family/friends shower was at 30 weeks. I still felt ok and still had time to organize. I didn't have any bedrest though. Is there a reason your Dr. is telling you you'll be on bedrest this early in the game?

4. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

5. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

Im having my shower may 1st and ill be 27 weeks

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

In your case I'd do it before bedrest, too. Just so that you can follow doctor's orders. ;) I did have to do modified bedrest for one of my showers, luckily it was a virtual shower and I was skyping with most of the party so I just laid down and skyped. :lol: Generally I think before 30 weeks is good- after that it's tougher to participate like you want to.

7. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

I know I was afraid I'd be on bed rest for my big shower it's next week at 31 weeks, but no bedrest yet I see my doc monday though we will see what she says! But my sis in law wanted to wait until April I was like I feel better if it's in March! And it's gonna be the last sat in March! Sometimes it's hard to convince people why it needs to be done so early, and sometimes yourself!

8. ward

ward Well-Known Member

the doc automatically puts his patients with multiples on bed rest at 26 weeks although i know that i now have diabetes and i have a problem with swelling so i don't have a problem with being on bed rest and my job doesn't care if im pregnant they wont do anything to help with any situation doesn't matter to them so im happy to be getting out of there earlier than my last pregnancy. They have the train of thought that im doing this to them on purpose. anyway im thinking i may try to do it the weekend after im on bed rest. we don't know exactly what that bed rest will be. i just don't want to have it before we know the sex of both babies.