Baby shower

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Aug 16, 2013.

Hi ladies!
    What are some absolute essentials that I should put on my baby registry for my shower? I just want to make sure I am not missing anything! Our twins are due December 9th (although they will prob be early!)
    Thanks ;-)

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The only thing you need on your list is a post partum doula. ;)

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Haha, Rachel! Doulas are great!

We used wayyy more wipes than I could have ever imagined. Burp clothes, too.

3. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

Nursing pillows? More wipes and diapers than you ever thought possible?

Swing(s) or bouncy chairs or a combo. I got two swings (that plug in) at Target that convert into bouncy chairs to save space and money.

Gowns or sleepers in 0-3 month sizes (I could not live without baby gowns).

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of diapers and wipes! Swaddling blankets and burp clothes (the Aden and Anais ones are sooooooo soft). I couldn't live without swings and bouncy seats. The Fisher Price cradle swing is worth it's weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't even bother registering for clothing or stroller blankets. People just buy those.

5. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Diapers!
    Boppies! we used ours 8 x a day to prop them up after eating (and DH used them to bottle feed two at a time)... then for tummy time, then as an extra support when they were learning to sit. Months of use!

Moderators -** this would be a good sticky or maybe a post in the gear section(?)**

6. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

We just asked for meals since we had another child and use cloth diapers and wipes but if you use disposables diapers and wipes would be a great item. I agree about the clothes, people like buying clothes! I didn't get any at my shower because it was strictly a meal shower but now that my babies have come neighbors and relatives are giving us clothes (keep the tags on bc you might get more than they'll wear!)

7. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Diapers!!! Wipes!!!! Twin feeding pillow. Swings, bouncy seat.

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Definitely diapers and wipes! We were blessed when a friend gave us 1,000 premie and size 1 diapers before the girls came....they lasted three months I think (if that long). Best gift ever! Gift cards to Walmart or Target for diapers later is a plus, too! Could not have lived without the infant to toddler rockers. We used those things from the day they were born until they were 2. Not sure if they even make them anymore, but best things in the world!!
    Infant gowns....we never had the girls in anything other than those for like the first three months.

9. Gedvile

Gedvile New Member

In my friends baby shower i bought baby clothes gift set. It included baby bodysuit, pants, hat and gloves. And every item was made of merino wool. Afterwards the clothes were perfect for the baby, plus they were made of merino wool which is very soft, warm and comfortable for the newborn. My friend and her baby were happy with the present. If anyone is interested the brand was green-rose.uk.com