baby stroller for twins!

Discussion in 'General' started by chicklet71, Sep 26, 2012.

1. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

hello to all my fellow twin mommies out there....im currently at 28 weeks pregnant with twins= "boy/girl" and after MUCH research, my husband and I are curious if anyone has used this new baby stroller from graco yet? i think its a fairly new model, so not sure how many have used it, and as well, would you recommend it...FYI, i dont need a jogger stroller and i would prefer one that is front/back NOT side by side!

http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1812943

we have already received two graco baby car seats as gifts and was hoping that this would be a good compliment as a stroller to the car seats! especially since it carries TWO car seats at a time...just wondering what happens when they are like 6-8 months and dont need to be carried in their car seats anymore and need a regular seat....this is where I find the website abit confusing about its description for twins as opposed to two kids (one infant, one toddler)

suggestions, comments (good or bad) are more then welcome!

thanks muchly in advance :good:

2. jewelliebird

jewelliebird Member

I have not used this stroller, but I had the almost exact same experience except opposite. A friend of mine had the Baby Trend double stroller that she gave us that is pretty much the same thing as the Graco stroller you have above, just a different brand. So then we asked for 2 Baby Trend car seats to fit in the stroller.

I'm at 29 weeks so I haven't used it yet with the babies in it, but I can say from practice runs that the double stroller is definitely a bit more of a task to maneuver. I really don't think you're going to find one that is as easy as a single stroller to steer, its just something that we twin-moms have to get used to.

It looks like the Graco is just like the Baby Trend in that it can take 2 carseats, it can seat two bigger babies, it can seat two toddlers, and then it can seat one toddler while the other stands in the back. You've got plenty of options!

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I haven't used that particular one from Graco but I have used a relatively new DuoGlider (purchased very late in 2011 or early 2012). I am able to steer that thing through parking lots with one hand, which comes in handy with my toddler who I don't completely trust to run off yet. So if they steer similarly, you should be in good shape on that front.

From the video on the website, it looks like you would be able to put both babies in there - one facing forward and one facing you. My best advice is to go to a store and try out the display model. If you have any friends with young kids, see if they're willing to let them be guinea pigs for you. ;)

4. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

thanks ladies for your input so far! yah, i think im going to go back to target (or was it babies r us) and play around with the store model abit, see how easy it moves around and the seat situation etc etc!

cheers! :D