Baby Trend Double Snap-n-Go with Graco Snugrides

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by SC, Mar 26, 2010.

1. SC

SC Well-Known Member

To anyone who uses the Baby Trend Double Snap-n-Go stroller with the Graco Snugride infant seats, can you help me know whether I am putting everything together right? I see that the seats latch on the bottom with the red latches and then the black belts buckle over the seats. I have the black belts going over the babies. Is this right? Or should they go under the babies somehow? Is there any other way to secure the seats in? They seem a little wobbly and I want to make sure I am doing this as safely as possible. I know the only seats "approved" for use in the Baby Trend strollers are Baby Trend seats, but many people use the Graco's safely, right? Thank you.

2. Jess76

Jess76 Member

I have the graco snug32 and still use my snap and go ( my girls are 10.5 months) yes the red latch will hook in ( you will hear it latch) and then you put the straps over the seat and baby. It did feel somewhat wobbley to me at first, but it has been very safe and is much more secure than it seems. I still use it because I actually have them face each other (not really suppose to use it that way) their feet were getting smoshed the other way. I just did some testing on my own. tryed to filp the seats out by turning it on it's side and even then the seats stayed secure..

3. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

yes...pp is right. You got it.

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I have the SafeSeats which are similar, and I think you have it right. I also face the babies together, which means the seat closest to you isn't actually as secure... but it is very secure... I accidently turned the stroller over on its side in my house one day... WITH the babies in ... and those seats were still in it... and the whole thing was quite heavy to turn back onto the wheels... It was kinda funny... but a little scary... anyway, that was just me trying to turn a corner in the house too quick!

yes, the straps go over the babies, you can pull them pretty tight. I believe you can search the Baby Trend website for the manual, I have a downloaded pdf version, but it sounds like you got it right.

They mention Graco by name in their manual as being compatible.

good luck - we used our configuration until 21 months!!!!! Its the only way I was able to go to the Post Office, doctors office etc, with the kids... it makes life so easy! I am in mourning that I can't use it still... the babies have about out grown the height!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep everyone's right and so are you. I didn't bother with the straps, the seats were secure enough with just the red latch. But I also stopped using mine at 3 months old so the babies weren't moving around enough to tip it themselves ;)

6. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Thanks Everyone. I feel more comfortable knowing for sure.

7. stephsoss

stephsoss Well-Known Member

Does anyone else having trouble maneuvering their snap n go, or is it just ours? Someone gave us their snap n go, but it seems awfully difficult to maneuver. Turning is nearly impossible without picking it up & the wheels will point in one direction & it's hard to get keep them going straight. It doesn't "drive" like a regular stroller.

8. jwong

jwong New Member

Maybell (Or anyone who can help) --I have one Graco Safeseat that I used for my older son. Now that I'm expecting twins, I'm considering buying a double snap n g. But I'm not sure whether the Safeseats fit well. When I call BabyTrends, they can't confirm that the safeseats fit. Can someone tell me whether they have 2 Graco Safeseats that fit well into a BabyTrend double snap n go?

Thanks.