Babyproofing

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AmberG, Oct 4, 2009.

1. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

We have a bunch of loose cords on one side of the nursery. (The cords are for the baby monitor, a CD player, and white noise machine). The cords lay on the floor nowhere near the babies' cribs. I am starting to get concerned that DD could have access to them if she climbs out of her crib. She is starting to pull up on furniture she is very active.

Does anyone have any idea how to contain cords? There is no furniture in that area that I could put the items up on. I could wrap them up and put a twist tie around them. Is that sufficient?

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Would they still have access to the plug? I had a white noise machine in their room, but took it out once Jake climbed out, for the same reason.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Is there any way you could tuck the cords into the crack of the wall/carpet? The plugs in the girls room happen to be behind the dresser and change table, so they don't have access to them.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The cord shorteners work great if you are just worried about the cords, but you don't want them to have access to the plugs if they are going to be unattended in there at any time. Is there anywhere you can move things so that the cord will be behind a dresser or something?

6. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

we have the same problem in our nursery so i got this outlet cover and cord shortener to completely cover the outlet and contain the cord. i then got some adhesive conduit from home depot that i stuck to the wall going up to the shelf so that they couldn't get to the cord AT ALL. it works great, there is no possible way that they can get to the cords or outlet.

7. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

This is why I love this website! Thanks for sharing! :) I've booked marked that item to buy when my little guys start crawling.

8. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

Me too! :clapping: