Back to school

Discussion in 'General' started by Donita, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Kim, your boys are already back in school, right?

We went today and picked up schedules and locker assignments. They did it differently this year. Kids have always been able to pick out their own lockers, this year they were assigned. Poor Heather is next to a girl she doesn't get along with. :( I guess next week we'll go shopping.

2. Kim5kids

Kim5kids Well-Known Member

We still have some time, we go back Aug 27th (I know you were asking the other Kim) but I answered you first :blbl:

3. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

My boys went back last week. And we were DEFINITELY not ready. Still aren't. :p

4. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

My kids go back on the 27th also. We are so not ready! Yes, we have nearly all of our school supplies, clothes and new sneakers... The younger two are really excited about starting middle school (they want to start tomorrow) and the older two are excited about the new season/party on the 25th and getting back to the gang...and my college girl is getting all geared up... :huh:

OK...let me restate that earlier remark: I am so not ready!! :cray: Where did this summer go???

5. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

My girl is ready, she goes back on the 29th. I'm gonna miss having her around , she's such a little nurse! She'll be so glad to see all her friends tho, I'm sure she's sick of me!!

6. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

Emotionally I am not ready either. Patrick is a senior this year...he got his locker on Monday but has to go back and get the combo reset...he has to go see his counselor regarding his dual enrollment at the local community college...the supplies in high school here are pretty standard so we have those...we got his shoes over the weekend and clothes come for his birthday this weekend...all that's left is to schedule his test for his driver's license :icon_eek:

Micah starts VPK (state subsidized Voluntary Pre-K program) this year and we got his stuff on Monday... :( My babies are growing up, before I know it J&Z will be in college...

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

A senior. Yikes!! I'm so thankful Sean is only a junior yet this year. As it is, it's getting too close for comfort for me. :(

8. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

My big girls started yesterday....so not ready. Emily is also a senior!! Yikes....where did the time go. We actually looked at a college this summer!! Wow....

We did buy Emily's graduation dress over the summer....they have to have a white dress....so we decided to get it over the summer when there is actually white dresses to buy and they are also on sale at the end of summer!

My little ones head back this week. I am so not ready there either....we are ready in the sense that we have everything. I just like having everyone around. Plus, my little Greggers starts kindergarten!!

I will have the twins unfiltered!! Only 1 set of eyes on them!! Could be fun!! ;)

My big girls started yesterday....so not ready. Emily is also a senior!! Yikes....where did the time go. We actually looked at a college this summer!! Wow....

We did buy Emily's graduation dress over the summer....they have to have a white dress....so we decided to get it over the summer when there is actually white dresses to buy and they are also on sale at the end of summer!

My little ones head back this week. I am so not ready there either....we are ready in the sense that we have everything. I just like having everyone around. Plus, my little Greggers starts kindergarten!!

I will have the twins unfiltered!! Only 1 set of eyes on them!! Could be fun!! ;)

9. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

We have all of their supplies now. Come Monday they're back to school! :clapping:

10. Kim5kids

QUOTE(Donita @ Aug 22 2007, 08:53 AM) [snapback]374766[/snapback]
    We have all of their supplies now. Come Monday they're back to school! :clapping:

Same here :yahoo:

11. 1twinsmom

1twinsmom Active Member

[/quote]

Hi there,
    I haven't been on here for a long time and realize that I miss it. I just haven't had any time to myself for the past year. So glad now to be able to breathe due to a new job. My girls head back to school tomorrow too. I'm torn between being ready and not wanting it to happen at all. Positive because they seem so much more active during the school year. Negative, back to the IEP meetings, homework, school meetings and activities...bleh. It's been nice to not have to worry about teachers etc... for a while anyway. There's always some teacher that doesn't get on board with my daughter disability needs. And then my favorite, there's always one who doesn't really like kids and takes this out on the students. And I am not one to sit still while my kid comes home bawling her little eyes out. Anyhoo, we did go shopping and got supplies and some clothes/shoes. So, I guess we're as ready as we'll ever be. Wish us luck! It's nice to be back!

Sharon

12. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Hi Sharon. I see you've been a member since 05, but I don't remember seeing you around. Tell us a bit about you. What grade are your girls going into? My "babies" are heading off to 7th grade. :cray:

13. cwinslow7

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Aug 17 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]371525[/snapback]
    A senior. Yikes!! I'm so thankful Sean is only a junior yet this year. As it is, it's getting too close for comfort for me. :(

Guess what...he's also doing dual enrollment!!! That means he will have 5 classes at the high school and is taking a COLLEGE course at the local comm coll (school system pays tuition and books.) My baby is a college student, I don't think I'm ready...

14. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

Wow, Christina, your Patrick will have a full schedule, but more power to him!! :clapping:

I've got two middle schoolers (6th grade), a senior and a sophomore this year...and a college sophomore, too! :shok: Although I feel nostalgic for the days when they were little, I must say it is exciting to see them stepping out on their independent adventures. :)

Part of me wants them back home and little, but the other part of me is joyful at seeing the adults they are becoming. And I am slowly recognising that it's time for me to be thinking about the next phase in my life, too. That's both scary and exhilarating!

15. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cwinslow7 @ Aug 27 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]382534[/snapback]
    Guess what...he's also doing dual enrollment!!! That means he will have 5 classes at the high school and is taking a COLLEGE course at the local comm coll (school system pays tuition and books.) My baby is a college student, I don't think I'm ready...

Brad did the dual enrollment. I think 3 of his classes his senior year were dual credit. He didn't have to go over to the college though. Thank goodness!

16. Kim5kids

I had to run out this morning to get Malia some more supplies, she came home with a list of stuff she needed, I had to get her a scientific calculator, two more one subject notebooks, two more folders and those tabs you stick on the end of your paper. Does it ever end?

17. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

UGH! I HATE it when teachers do that! Put all the supplies on the supply list for Pete's sake!

18. cwinslow7

They don't even give us a list until after school has started around here. I always have a stock of the basics, so I'm generally covered. Patrick needed a scientific calculator (already had from last year) AND a graphing calculator...those things are around $100!!! Thank goodness I had almost everything else cause that is more than I would have spent on all the rest of the supplies combined (I'm a sale shopper)

This senior thing is getting expensive already...we got a partial list of some of the "expenses" to expect...pictures, announcements, "fair share" (senior dues), lockers, parking permits (if I ever sign for his license :)) I think I'm going broke thinking about it.

19. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

We start Tuesday, but I'm not ready at all! I can't find the pocket dictionary or the german dictionary Trent needs as well as a scientific calculator. I'm als not looking forward to getting up even earlier.

I am however ready for Ty to go back. His behavior gets worse when he's not in school.

20. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Were you able to find it all over the weekend?

So is everyone back in school now?

I sure was hating school at 5:30 this morning when my alarm went off.

Hey Kim (mamakim) I was dreaming before my alarm went off about school. I was sitting in a classroom with a bunch of the kids in our school, but I was sitting with them as a student, and you were too. You sat at a table across from me and we were discussing how we couldnt' believe how mean teachers have become over the years. :laughing: So weird...