Bad Batch of Pampers?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by carlylafont, Nov 30, 2010.

1. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

Has anyone else bought a "bad batch" of pampers baby dry diapers recently? I just bought a box and noticed the insides were coming out. This was mostly happening at night, so I assumed that was the problem (sleeping through the night-(not really the problem:)and soaking the diaper and then forcing it to explode (literally insides of the diaper come out). But then the daycare lady noticed that the diapers that came from this same package were doing the same thing, in less time between changes.

So annoying. Has anyone had this issue lately and has anyone taken back a box of opened diapers to Babies R US?

2. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I have not had that problem, although I had a box of Cruisers that peeled the skin of one of my babies' bottoms ... never had a problem before (and have switched to Huggies since), but I have heard that some problems are limited to particular boxes/batches/whatever.

I'd return them - I think there's enough of a Pampers outcry right now that they would probably replace them for you.

3. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

i have had this happen when using oily diaper creams--like a&d ointment.

4. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

Yes, i have this happen once in a while. I find if they are super soaked this happens. Very annoying and hard to clean up. I never took a box back though.

5. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

CAll Pampers, they should send you coupons for a new box

6. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

I've also had it happen a few times. Out of 10 boxes I buy there's 1 diaper exploding. Mostly the night diaper indeed.

7. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

If the whole box is doing this I'd say it's a bad batch and like pp would call pampers.

8. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

To my surprise- Babies r us took the package back. I traded them for some huggies snug and dry. Same price and they don't have a chemical smell like some of the other huggies brand diapers do.

I also attempted to contact pampers, but their site was exteremely slow, and didn't have time to figure it out.