Ball Pits

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by alankford, May 1, 2008.

1. alankford

alankford Well-Known Member

Hey,

Do any of you guys have ball pits at home. We went to a friends house over the weekend and they had a small inflatable pool thingy with balls. It wasn't big enough for the twins to play in together so I wanted to know what you guys had or any ideas???

THANKS!!!

2. HT

HT Well-Known Member

We have a Barbie ballpit by Playhut. Every kid that walks in the door wants to play in it - big or small! It isn't very big, but all of my kids LOVE it! The best part about it is it folds up like all Playhut stuff does. I hate inflatable toys because you can never really deflate them all the way without tons of work. I just put the balls in trash bags and stash in the attic when I finally get tired of picking up balls for a while. I would definitely buy another if I find one a little bigger.

3. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

we have a thomas the train ball pit...the kids LOVE it!

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

We have this ball pit and it is definitely big enough for the twins! They love it!

5. i4get

i4get Well-Known Member

I have a Tuggy sandbox outside (minus the sand), and I picked up some balls at a yard sale this weekend. The kids LOVE it. Jonah is my thrower and Morgan is my picker-upper. LOL!

6. LNC20

LNC20 Well-Known Member

We have the "playhut magic ball zone" and I ordered 2 extra little tunnels that connect to it. It's the BEST thing ever!!! it's large enough for me to get in there and play with them if I want to!!

7. alankford

alankford Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the great advise.

I have B/G twins so I have been having problems finding something because they don't have much that's gender neutral.

Thanks!!!

8. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

QUOTE(alankford @ May 2 2008, 09:22 AM) [snapback]751804[/snapback]
    Thanks for all of the great advise.

I have B/G twins so I have been having problems finding something because they don't have much that's gender neutral.

Thanks!!!

ha ha! my ds plays w/ my dd's baby stroller....no way around it! i think i should have bought two!

9. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

We are wanting to make a ball pit for the babies bday gift....should we use a hard plastic swimming pool or should we use a blow up one? It will be staying in their playroom.

Thank you Moms for your insight!

Missy
    :wavey:

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have this ball pit. It is on the small side, but they can both get in and play in it. They absolutley LOVE it!!!!

11. LanieK

LanieK Well-Known Member

We have had TWO Diego ball pits- they selll them at Wal-mart or Kmart for around $40. BOTH broke as my little guys are crazy little men who like to rip things apart. They are the blow up ones and they have a canopy on top that the balls drop through. They absolutely loved it for about 20-30 days until they break it!!!! I might have to get the other kind!!!
    Lanie

12. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We have one of the pop up ball pits from Playhut and I completely recommend going that route. The hard plastic swimming pools full of balls are difficult because two toddlers rough housing and crack the sides. I'm not a fan of the blow up ones because then if you want to take it down you have to deflate and reinflate all over again to use it next time. The Playhut pop ups are great because you can just fold it down and store under the couch. We keep ours up for about three days then take it down for a week after the girls lose interest, then it's up again the next week.