Bathtime is a nightmare!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by christinam, Apr 9, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

The twins are still scared to death of bathes and just water in general. If you were to splash them with water after washing your hands they cry. Anyone else dealing with this too??? I've tried bathes together, separate, with their other sisters, toys. I dont know what else to do. They're hysterical. Any ideas?!?!?!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My cousin had this issue with her little girl and used to distract her with blowing bubbles. I don't know if that will help your little ones or not. Good luck!

3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I may try having dh blow bubbles while i wash. I'm also going to try playing their favorite music in the background and washing in the kitchen sink.

4. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I also washed mine in the kitchen sink for a while and when we moved in to the tub, I sat in there with them (both or one at a time). Then, I would just sit on the edge with my feet in the water until I was finally out of the tub! I had to do this with my younger son as well. They still hate to have water in their face.

5. mintpint

mintpint Active Member

My girls also hated the baths/water, they screamed and tried to get out of the tub. So I used to hold them (one by one) and give them a shower. They still cried but it was much better. Now, they both take the bath together and they cry only when I am washing their face or hair. Good Luck.