Beach time...with 6 month old twins

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sheila185, Jul 30, 2012.

1. sheila185

sheila185 Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on making a trip to the beach for a week with 6 month twins and a 3 1/2 year old a success?

2. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice, but we'll be taking our nearly 7 week twins to Florida when they're 6 months, so I'm interested in suggestions too!

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Get a wagon or a jogging stroller to go over the sand. Bring at least one pack n play to have a safe place to put them.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went to the beach when our twins were 6 months, my oldest son was 7.5 yrs and my oldest daughter was almost 3. Along with my sister and her 2 boys, 9 and 4.

We used the jogging stroller to get the twins out there, a wagon with big air tires to pull stuff across the sand. I used the stroller to feed them in. 2 big beach umbrella's to be sure they weren't in the sun. 2 big neat sheet's or beach blankets for them to roll around in. I took extra water in bottles to give them a little bit every so often to keep them hydrated. I fed them on their normal schedule, dressed them in little lightweight bathing suits but really, didn't even take them into the water. We played on the blankets under the beach umbrella's with baby toys. They napped on the blankets. I also took a little sprayer fan to spray them with every so often, they thought it was hilarious and it helped keep them cooler.

I had to pull the stroller backwards to get them through the sand, the front swivel wheel kept getting stuck. I didn't have canopy extenders on it and the sun shone right in their face. So, I suggest canopy extender or a light weight blanket to drape over it so the sun isn't in their faces.