beach toys? outdoor toys?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, May 7, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

do your LOs have any favorite beach toys or outdoor toys i can tell my family about for the kiddies 2nd bday coming up?
    my kids LOVE the beach!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids love their Step 2 BBQ Grill, they love to play with ply watering cans, shovels, buckets, sidewalk chalk, play baseball set & basketball set.

3. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

If you don't have one already, mine love their water table, its really a water/sand table but I don't put sand in it, i just can't stand the mess!

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

There is the wiggle worm sprinkler at Target that my kids have had forever now. They love it! It's fun and a wonderful way to cool off in the summer.

And we should just buy stock in sidewalk chalk. We go through a lot! They love it. (Okay, okay. And so do I. :D )

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two have used their sand & water table more than any other outdoor toy. And I do put sand in it. Sometimes it gets a bit messy, but that is half the fun and it is only clean sand & water so we just brush them off well before going inside. They will play with it for hours!

6. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the sand/water table. I got one for my guys last summer; they really liked it last year, and are enjoying it even more this year! I can almost always coax them out of the woods at the back of our property by promising them some time at the sand table, which is a huge deal!! Usually it's a screaming ordeal to get them to come back to the house. It's nice because it gets them some outdoor time where I can keep a better eye on them. :good: I'm odd in that I'd rather have sand in it than water; the sand brushes off easier than water! :lol:

Also, you can't have enough sand pails, shovels, etc. for the beach, so those would be really nice to have. You could also ask for pool noodles or age-appropriate floats if you're planning on spending time in the water with your boys. How about swimsuits/rashguards/hats?

One other thing (if you don't already have one) would be an indoor/outdoor climber. We got one for our guys for Xmas when they were about 16 months. We kept it inside in the winter, then moved it out in the spring. They're getting too big for it now, but still like to slide and climb on it.

Hope this helps! :)

7. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I agree with the sand/water table. Other things I can think of are trycicles, cozy coupe, small climber, sand box, kid table/chairs or pinic table. Some cheaper things are sidewalk chalk, sprinkler, gardening stuff, bubbles, pails/shovels, butterfly nets. And of course you'll want things like swim diapers, sunscreen, sunglasses and maybe watershoes or water sandals.

8. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

This is our FAVORITE but I rarely put water in it as I think the water is too messy (always requires a change of clothes, whereas the sand just falls into the deck cracks, lol). This is by far our most used outside toy. Dannik still plays with it daily when it's nice out (and even when it's not :)) and the girls love it this year too.

We also have a BBQ that a PP mentioned and it gets a lot of use. I also got an old Step 2 kitchen second hand and put it outside and it's been getting a lot of use too. I've been tempted to get this since it keeps going on sale at Toys R Us but I'm not sure I want to deal with the mess but if your LOs are going to be 2 they might be ok with it.

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto the sand/water table, I have all sand in mine because the water goes slimy too fast (the heat in SC). They LOVE it and would play with it every day if I let them!

We also have climbers, but I recommend checking craigslist for them, you can get great deals, half price on the big climbers and they are still in good shape. Little tikes and Step 2 both last forever, even in the heat down here :)