became a lazy eater

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by w101ttd, Jul 14, 2010.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

My 3 month old (1.5 adjusted month) son became a lazy eater lately. He used to be a good eater. Now he is ofter very jumpy at feeding. He pushs out the bottle,keeps turning his head side by side.. He does it even when he is hungry. I dont know what the hell is wrong with him. He is on Zantac and enfenil gentlease (also eat breast milk). He still gains weight, but not as fast like before. His pedi doesnt seem care as long as he still gains some. If you know what is wrong ,please help!!

He also hs gas problem. But it seems getting better after using gas drop for a while.

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Possibly teething.....my DS pushes the bottle out when his teeth hurt.

3. KStorey

KStorey Well-Known Member

My DS is also like this. Never was initially. He is the more active and noiser of the two of them. Mine aren't teething but I have found that if I hold off his bottle as long as possible he is heaps better. He doesn't do little top ups or grazing or even comfort suckling. It seems that bottles are only for nourishment and only in very regular gaps. He would rather play, watch, wriggle and chat during his awake time. Good luck. Hope you find out what is happening.

4. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

It could definitely be teething - that will put them off feeding in some cases. For the gas you might want to try Dr. Brown's bottles. We have found there was a reduction in gas after switching to them. Like your pedi said, I would try not to worry so long as he is still gaining and still having enough wet diapers every day. If this continues though you may want to try some teething remedies like hyland's teething tablets (i've never used them but a lot of TS mommies swear by them), ibuprofen, or letting him suck on frozen fruit in a mesh baby feeding bag. Is he displaying any other symptoms of teething (excessive drooling, biting on hands and everything in reach, red cheeks, fussiness)?

5. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

It also occurred to me to ask what level nipple you're using. Could it be too slow and therefore he is getting frustrated?