Bedrest at 22wks--shortening cervix

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by praises1139, Sep 5, 2011.

1. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

Hi, anyone on bedrest for cervical issues?
    From what I've read, it doesn't sound like I have incompetent cervix, but at 18wks my cervical length was 4.2cm and at 22wks it was 3.2. That was a week ago today. My high-risk OB put me on bedrest and progesterone to see if that helps. He said we are being cautious since 3.2 is still good but we can't risk another change like that since I'm not even near the 3rd tri yet.
    I haven't had ANY symptoms other than Braxton Hicks but they are not frequent. My bedrest is modified--I can go to the bathroom and kitchen for something quick to eat, and I can go upstairs to go to bed/shower.
    The babies were doing fine--1lb 1oz and 1lb 2oz, so they are right on track.
    Any input is appreciated!!
    Thanks

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Between 24 and 27 weeks my cervix shortened from 4cm to 2cm. My OB put me on modified bed rest with twice weekly in home NSTs. I took it super easy & carried the girls to 34w1d. I went into labour spontaneously and my OB's policy was to not make an effort to stop labour after 34 weeks (my girls shared a placenta).

Just take it super easy, listen to your doc's suggestions & hang in there! :hug:

3. marikaclare

marikaclare Well-Known Member

I went on bed rest at 21 weeks for a shortening cervix with funneling. My cervix cooperated but the babies came early because they had twin twin transfusion syndrome. Good luck with bed rest! We're rooting for you!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was between 28-30 weeks. My cervix went from 4 to 1.7cm. I got the steroid shots but my doc's policy was not to formally recommend bedrest. I did it anyway and had them recheck my cervix- in 2 days it lengthened to 1.9cm. I stayed mostly laying down until 37 weeks when I was ready for the boys to be born. They hung in until 37w5d.

:youcandoit:

5. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

I was put on modified bedrest at about 22 weeks also. I also had to start taking Procardia at about the 30 or 32 week mark due to contractions. I finally had the girls at 34w5d. I highly recommend bedrest! It will drive you nuts, but well worth it! (FWIW, I wish I was on bedrest now!! :))

6. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

thank you, ladies!
    i hate the thought of possibly being stuck to my couch for months but i'm hoping my babies won't have to go to the NICU.

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine didn't. I know it feels like forever right now but do what you've got to do to keep them in. :hug: