Bedrest It Is.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by anglinstork, Nov 30, 2006.

1. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Well, I called my boss at 9:30pm last night and explained to her what was going on. We both cried some and I just told her that I couldn't take the chance at something happening to the baby girls, so she'd have to find someone to teach my classes next week and find someone to take my lab today.

Before I could even barely finish my sentence, she was already telling me, "I don't want to see you again until you are holding two beautiful healthy baby girls in your arms."

I am scared about what we're going to do. How we're going to make it. "IF" we're going to make it. But I know in my heart that I've done the right thing.

Funny, I slept better last night than I have in WEEKS! Amazing what peace it gave me.

2. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Well, I called my boss at 9:30pm last night and explained to her what was going on. We both cried some and I just told her that I couldn't take the chance at something happening to the baby girls, so she'd have to find someone to teach my classes next week and find someone to take my lab today.

Before I could even barely finish my sentence, she was already telling me, "I don't want to see you again until you are holding two beautiful healthy baby girls in your arms."

I am scared about what we're going to do. How we're going to make it. "IF" we're going to make it. But I know in my heart that I've done the right thing.

Funny, I slept better last night than I have in WEEKS! Amazing what peace it gave me.

3. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i totally understand how you feel. today is my last day of working (32 weeks) and i really wanted to work longer...but i'm glad i've been able to work from home the last 8 weeks.

the next 5 weeks (HOPEFULLY) will be interesting...plus tv shows are about to go into reruns [​IMG]

i'm glad your boss was understanding....it really seems like most folks do go on bedrest w/twins (or the ones who dont' are too busy to post [​IMG] )

What's been even harder for me is feeling fine for the most part and not being able to go crib shopping or run errands...i desperately need a hair cut...that's whats starting to eat at me.

hang in there....

Miriam

4. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I'm glad you made that decision. Sounds like it was the right decision! How great that your boss is so supportive!
    You can do this; it will all be a blur once your babies arrive. And you'll know you did everything you could to give them a great start.
    It's the first big sacrifice you'll make for them as a mom - and it just gets better [​IMG]

5. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I was wondering what you would decide to do ... you made the best decision, Mom! I know, it's rough trying to figure out how the heck you are going to make everything work out .. but it will work out. Trust me. And you already feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

It sounds like you made the right decision. Glad you are feeling at ease with it! We ended up taking a loan to make up for all the time I was not paid, not a huge one and we paid it off in a couple years. Would that be something that might be possible to help you through?

7. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Personally, I think that you made the right decision as well. As women, we are givers. We give and give and give, never asking for anything in return. We usually put ourselves and our needs last so that we don't inconvenience anyone else. It takes a lot of courage to put your foot down and say enough is enough! So bravo to you! [​IMG] You will always know that staying home and resting gave your babies the best chance possible at life!!!

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]You made the right choice! It is hard! I stopped working about 1 month ago - it was so hard for me also! Once I realized that money isn't everything -the lives of these kids is!! I relaxed and
    this stay at home thing is GREAT! I am hoping to be well rested and
    less stressed when the babies are born!