Belly Measurements!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Lrnomder, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Lrnomder

Lrnomder Well-Known Member

hey ladies! just got back from the doc, I am betweeen 26 and 27 weeks and my belly is measuring between 33 and 34. Is this normal? What are or we're your measurments?

2. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Sounds it. I was measuring 18w at 14w.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Unlike with singleton pregnancies, belly measurements with multiples aren't really useful for anything other than making you feel gigantic. ;)

3 people like this.
  4. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I went to the doctor at the government hospital after already having had an ultrasound and I already knew I was having twins. I decided not to say anything to him about that. I guess I was about 9 weeks along at that point. And the doctor measured fundal height and said to me--either your dates are wrong or you have more than one in there.

5. Lrnomder

Lol I did that recently with the nutritionist! it was hilarious! I walked in with this huge belly and told her my due date wasn't until 2 months down the raod and that I've already gained 30 lbs. Ha ha she was trying not to offend me as she basically stated I needed to slow down on eating and was giving me a structured diet to prevent preeclampsia and diabetes. I finally told her and boy was she relieved.

6. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup sounds normal:) I know at my last appt at 33wks I was measuring 42wks:)

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

My peri never even measured my fundal height. They did not do that with multiples.

8. dab_20

dab_20 Member

Sounds normal. At my last apt at 32+5 weeks I measured 43 cm.

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just remember breaking about 40-42 around the 30+ wk mark! :lol:

10. bayoubaloo

bayoubaloo Active Member

I was 37 cm at 32 weeks, but getting bigger faster now -- even though its hard to eat.

11. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

I don't have the cm measurement, but at my 26 week appt today the doctor told me I was measuring 31 weeks.

12. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Haha! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that did this! I was huge! My doc had told me I think to gain 30 lbs .... As I was inching closer and closer to that mark ( at the halfway point too) I asked him about it, he said I'd be waving at that number as I flew by it! And that I did! :lol:

13. Lrnomder

The further I get along I've noticed it's getting increasingly harder to eat. I take a couple botes and then I'm full! Its not fun :(

14. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

When I had the girls at 30 weeks I was measuring full-term for a singleton. I wonder if my body was confused by that? ;)

And, YES! Eating got more and more difficult as I got larger. I had to start grazing throughout the day to keep my hunger at bay.

15. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

FWIW I'm up to 34cm at 28 weeks. My husband and I like to call it my "mega-belly." :lol:

16. Lrnomder

Today's measurements at the doc was 40 weeks and I'm 32 weeks along! It's getting soo uncomfortable sleeping now even in my recliner!!

17. Lrnomder

Lol I'm so miserable! Can't wait for these babies to finally come I can barely eat, sleep, walk,and its even uncomfortable to sit haha. I'm measuring 45 weeks and I'm 36 weeks along almost 37. :) so excited but miserable!!

18. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

When I had the babies at 37 weeks, I was measuring 53 (14 pounds of baby will apparently do that to you!)

19. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

When I got the epidural, I remember telling everyone in the OR that it was the first time in months I hadn't been in pain. Honestly, c-section recovery was glorious compared to carrying twins at the end! So I guess there's a bright side?

20. Lrnomder

Wow I'm glad to hear that! I'm soo ready!

21. Lrnomder

Well ots the night before my scheduled csection and I'm measuring 48 lol! I can't believe it but I'm soo happy and anxious!

22. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

We're so happy for you! I cannot wait to see your birth announcement and some pictures!