Best Diaper Bag for Twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by starlette, Feb 3, 2012.

1. starlette

starlette New Member

Hi Ladies,

I just joined this forum and I'm looking forward to getting some valuable advice.

Which diaper bag(s) did you find to work the best for your twins?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Honestly, I just used a backpack. It left my hands free for the eventual walking hand in hand, plus we had a Jansport that had tons of pockets (laptop backpack) and I still use it now.

1 person likes this.
  3. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

I'm also planning on using a backpack since we have one that we rarely use. I'll probably also keep another bag (nothing fancy) permanently in the car with diapers, etc, in case of emergency. I figure if the backpack doesn't work (it doesn't have a lot of pockets compared to some), then we can get something else after they're born.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

We use a Jansport backpack as well. It is easy to carry and holds tons of things with all the pockets. Plus it is way cheaper than many of the actual diaper bags out there. My mom actually spent a fortune on what was supposed to be a "twins" diaper bag when my boys were a couple of months old, and I had her take it back because it didn't hold even half of what the backpack does.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Backpack here, too! 1 area for changing (including a beach towel so they don't lay on the nasty changing tables); 1 for feeding necessities/extra clothes, 1 for small quiet toys and 1 for sanitation (hand sanitizer, etc). I had a diaper bag and everything got mushed together. I hated it!

6. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

Backpack for us as well. Leaves both your hands free. I used a day backpack I got for free from a hiking/camping store. Wish I had saved my money and not bought a diaper bag which I never ended up using.

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think I'm the odd one! I have an incredibly impractical (but beautiful!) diaper bag that I was given by my mom that I use for daily trips, then I have a small Thirty-One tote in the car that has about 8 diapers, some leggings and tshirts, and other miscellaneous stuff. I just loop my bag on the back of the umbrella stroller if I need it, but usually I'm happy with what I've got in the car.

8. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

I used an LL Bean messenger bag, also had a llbean back pack...still use them for traveling. They worked great!

9. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

We had a Skip Hop Duo Deluxe (something like that) that I loved. Lots of room and clipped onto our side by side stroller. Ignore what it says about not working with a single stroller--it did fine with our tandem too. As they got older and were walking, we did a backpack, but when they were in the stroller, I liked having something that clipped onto the stroller.

10. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I actually just bought my first diaper bag (twins are 3). I have been using a backpack like the others. I bought the Kalencom Weekender diaper bag, which I love. It's available in a ton of colors, it's huge, and doesn't really look like a diaper bag so it can be used for years to come! It also has stroller straps and a few other baby accessories. I got it from Shoebuy and got 15% off because of a promotion they were having plus I got another 8.5% off (cash back) buy ordering it through Ebates. Right now, they are offering 20% off using the "GAME" promotion code at checkout.

11. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used a messenger bag (similar to the skiphop double duo but much cheaper) for when they were really small, and I could hang it on the handle of their stroller, it had a super long shoulder strap. As they got older and needed less stuff, I switched to a backpack. Again, nothing fancy, it was an Eddie Bauer one I got on clearance. Worked great! Now, I only take their cups, couple diapers, one small thing of wipes with us, and I use a small bag that's actually a purse type thing. I don't do purses though ;)

12. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had a backpack diaper bag! Worked great!

13. nerdgirl

nerdgirl Active Member

I used a backpack with #1, a SkipHop single with #2, and loved the SkipHop so much I want to get the duo for #3&4. I also love the clip-on stroller attachment thingy, and the compartments are so nice and the bags so stylish. I continued to use my single as a personal bag way after DS2 was in need of a diaper bag. I do not like wearing backpacks, so that's why I opted out of the backpack the second time around.

14. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

With my twins I used a Lands End back pack diaper bag actually they are 5 now and I still use it. A few months after I received my bag in the mail - Lands End sent me a gift card for $50 - for no other reason than just niceness!

15. KiTA08

KiTA08 New Member

Hey - I just bought the Lululemon Trumphant Tote - I really looked into Bags as well. This one has soo many pockets. Can with a small thing "Shoe Bag" that I thought I could use for dirty clothes if need be. I wanted something my hubby would carry, this is black and pretty straight forward. I had looked into the Skip Hop and the Ju Ju Be and I really just decided that this bag would be great for the babies and when they are done using it, it would transfer into a bag for me as well! :eek:) The bag is $118.00 plus taxes. Any nicer larger bags that I looked at really seemed to be between $100 and $200 so this seemed to be a good fit for me.

Hope that helps!

16. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I loved the SkipHop Duo Double - I scored mine at Marshall's for $24.99!

17. aussiemom

aussiemom Administrator Staff Member TS Moderator