Best gift for newborn phase

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ljcrochet, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

One of my girls (2nd grade) came home last week telling us her teacher is pregnant with twins. Teacher also has a 3 year old son. I'm going to talk to the class moms about "throwing her a baby shower" in school. Need inexpensive gift ideas.

2. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

You could all chip in to pay for a night nurse for a couple of nights. Sleep was certainly the thing that I valued most during the newborn phase!

3. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Meals were the big thing for us.
    Omaha Steaks does some really good meals also soups and other foods.. defrost and heat!

OR

Maybe you could put together a list of TS most recommended books and everyone chip in and get her a basket of books.
    My favorites: HSHHC (Wiessbluth), Siblings withour Rivalry & How to Talk so Kids will Listen..(Faber & Mazlish)
    Just realized she has one child already.. so might not work.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Soothing newborns is hard so maybe The Happiest Baby on the Block along with a sound machine and swaddles?

5. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Diapers, diapers, diapers! Newborn twins go through TONS of diapers!

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Diapers and wipes! Paul's school threw us a baby shower (sweetest thing ever!) and the diapers and wipes got us through months. It was such an awesome gift to receive.

Gift certificates to restaurants so that they can order take-out. I didn't cook for two months or so after the girls came home. :D

7. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Food or diapers and wipes here too. Those are my new go-to gifts for any pregnant mom.

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Add me to the food/diapers list. We did the diaper raffle at our shower and got 7 months without buying one package of diapers! I know this is a much smaller scale, but you can't go wrong with diapers!

And swaddlers. Lol!

9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with a collection to go towards a night nurse or better yet, a postpartum doula.

10. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I agree with the diapers and wipes party!

11. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I totally agree with diapers and wipes we did a raffle at my baby shower for a $50 gift certificate for the people that brought them... I got 3 months of diapers and a ton of gifts from my registry ... It was awesome!

12. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I'm one of the not-as-common people I guess who exclusively cloth diaper but I'd definitely at least find out if she plans to use disposable diapers before giving her a shower of them. One of my friends suggested getting a group of our friends lined up to bring meals. I think that is the best gift after a baby or babies.