Best places to find slim jeans?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by marcymiller, Jan 15, 2013.

1. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

My girls are sort of new to wearing jeans... at least since we started potty training about two years ago. It's just been more convenient for them to wear leggings, sweats, jeggings, etc... BUT, not they want to wear jeans (which is great since they tear the knee out of cotton leggings QUICKER than a speeding bullet)! I found one pair of Circo sz slim at Target and that's it. Honestly, I haven't been out much to look. Figured I should ask here before spending any amount of time (that is very hard to come by) out hitting the shops! BTW... they are not yet 5 but this just seemed like a question better suited for this forum... we'll be there soon enough!

Thanks!!

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I've gotten slim fits at Target in their Sonoma brand for my boys, but I have better luck with ordering slim fits online from The Children's Place. Now that I think about it, I wonder if Old Navy has slim sizes too.

3. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

childrens place - but you have to order them online...if they wear a size 5 you can actually get Justice Jeans (regular size) and they are cut very small....

4. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

Perfect suggestions!! Thanks a bunch:D I love ordering online.... and if they don't fit the intended target... maybe they'll fit her twin (which is great because I also dislike dealing with returns)!

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Gap Kids. Online or in stores. You can find good sales and they hold up forever.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Crazy 8. My almost 7 year old is very thin and the size 6 at Children's place are too big...and when the adjustable waist is pulled they look bulky then. We found the slim size and skinny fit at crazy 8 fits her great. So for example, she wears a 6 slim skinny jean there. Crazy 8 jeans

They have slim sizes in all their jeans, not just the skinny.

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Justice
    I made the girls wear jeans this year after tearing holes in toooo many knees last year. They wore jeggins first then real jeans.

8. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I have been very happy with the Crazy 8 slim jeans and they are very reasonably priced. I have also found them at JC Penney, but they don't fit as well as the Crazy 8's.

9. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

We get slims at Childrens Place, Gap, Target, and Old NAvy (run shortest in length). Lands End carries a slim, but we have not tried them.

THe skinny fit is so much easier to find that it was a few years ago!

I also have had luck finding slims at resale shops locally!

10. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I have good luck with the slim sizes at Kohls. I buy a lot of skinny jeans/jeggings though, so I don't really need to get slim that way. Just make sure they are adjustable waist.

My girls are tiny, petite peanuts, but the one slim item I purchased at the Children's Place was VERY slim. Too tight. I got them bermuda shorts this past summer, and they were so small around. So at Children's Place I just buy the regular (non-slim) and adjust the waist in. Maybe their slims aren't always SO slim, I just haven't tried it out again.

I have horrible luck with the quality of Target jeans. The slims or skinny jeans fit fine, but Target jeans either wear out at the knee or don't wash well at all. I got them the brightly colored skinny jeans earlier this fall, and they wash so badly. Stains will not come out of those jeans!

11. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

Hi!! My girls are super tiny. 5 1/2 and 40 inches and 32,33 pounds. The only jeans I have found to fit them are Levi's. I got theirs at Nordstrom. I also got them a pair of Levi's skinnies at Belk. They look adorable in them ... too bad they will only wear dresses LOL ;)

12. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

The slims at Childrens Place are the only ones that fit my tall skinny girl. I think she's 47" and 38 pounds. The 6 slim fits her perfectly. Target and Kohls jeans fall apart for us, I hate Old Navy, and I never seem to find Gap ones in the right size.

(and as an aside - thank you ladies for the other suggestions! I've never thought to look at Justice or Crazy 8!)

13. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Once upon a child is a great place to get jeans used. I bought a whole bunch of justice shorts 8 pairs for $40 in perfect condition.

14. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Super skinny at Justice. They are the only jeans that I don't have to tighten for my girls, but I think the smallest size is 7 maybe, 6.