Best Toddler Clock?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by miss_bossy18, Dec 27, 2011.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The girls received some Christmas money & I'd like to buy them a toddler clock. Which one do you have & what do you like/not like about it?

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have one yet, but it's on my *soon to buy* list!! I want to get this one, My tot clock. I like the look of it the best out of the ones I can find.

3. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

I bought the My Tot Clock last year and HATE it. It is SOOOOO LOUD! I don't know how on earth a child could fall asleep to it with the music blaring so loudly. I also suspect it would give a LO quite a jolt when it started pounding wake-up music in the morning.

I tried taping over the sound holes and smothering it with a blanket. Basically, it lasted 2 days, one of which was on the counter in our kitchen, before I boxed it back up. Unfortunately, it took me so long to get it out of the box, the 30 day return window had passed.

BUT (now that I have bashed it verbally) if you still want to try it, PM me. For $20 and shipping, it's yours. According to the website, a used one is $35. I have the standard moon face plate and the standard sound card.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have the My Tot Clock for both kids and I do agree, it is loud, but both of the kids sleep fine with it (and you can adjust the volume & we have it on low) . I don't have the wake up music set and the kids are more motivated by the changing colors then the music. They know when it's yellow, it's time to get up and blue for bed (red is for time out, light blue for nap and green for encouragement time). We did use the other colors for their intended purpose but for now the clock is used for bedtime and wake up time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NC10YFA/?tag=solidtwinstuff-20

5. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

We just got this one and the girls seem to really like it.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11820937&moduleName=Brand+Name+Secondary

We've only had it a couple days but I think it's going to be great! I'm a teacher and I always struggle to teach "telling time" and "elapsed time" to city kids who grow up without analog clocks or even any real sense of time. It's like they haven't really learned it from the time they were little and it is so hard for them to learn it as a skill in school. So when I saw this clock I just had to get it for my own girls. They will be 3 in January and I think it will be great for them to play around with it over the next couple of years and learn too.

Shannon