birth and nicu stays

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by pretty girl, Mar 3, 2015.

1. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

How long was your twins nicu stay and when were they born age wise?

2. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Born at 37 weeks, no NICU.  Came home from the hospital at 3 days old (they were born at 10pm on a Monday and came home at noon on Wednesday, and might have come home on Tuesday except for mild jaundice that the doctors wanted to be sure did not get worse).

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

My boys were born at 31+6 weeks and stayed 19 days in the NICU as growers/feeders.  I did receive steroid shots exactly one week before their birth (steroid shots help the babies' lungs develop in the event of an impending premature birth) and they did not need a ventilator.

4. rinaownsu

rinaownsu Active Member

My girls were born at 31 weeks. I had the steroid shot at 28 weeks because I started contracting. They were in NICU for 5 weeks. No complications at all.

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

37w5d - no NICU

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

38w3d - no NICU. Had them Tuesday AM, came home Friday PM

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

8. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

37 weeks 5 days - no NICU - they were born on Friday - we came home on Monday

9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

34+1 and they both spent 13 days in the NICU. Baby B was on CPAP for about 18 hrs and also under the lights for jaundice for a bit. Baby A needed some help controlling her temp for the first few days. Then it was just feeding and growing. Breastfeeding took a long time to figure out - our NICU was breastmilk friendly but not terribly breastfeeding friendly. We figured it out eventually and went on to breastfeed for almost 2 years.

10. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

37 weeks, 4 days. No NICU.

11. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

33 weeks 6 days, Twin B spend 5 days in the NICU, twin A spend less than 2 weeks but came home on an apnea monitor. 

12. jennycraig

jennycraig Active Member

Our girls were born at 35 weeks and 2 days.  They spent 2 weeks in the NICU and 1 of our daughters came home on an apnea monitor.

13. maryjfb

maryjfb Member

Our girls were born at 32 weeks and 1 day and were in the NICU for 4 days, then special care unit at a different hospital as feeders/growers for an additional 41 days.

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

36 weeks exactly and no NICU time

15. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

34 weeks, 5 days, no NICU time. 

16. Bug N Cheeks

Bug N Cheeks Member

Our boys came at 32 weeks and 5 days, totally unexpectedly - No HBP, Preeclampsyia... nada.  Although they were my first pregnancy, and I'd been very healthy, we had no idea my water would break when it did.  I was given steroid shots during my labor.  They spent 10 days in NICU and were able to be discharged on the same day, which I was so incredibly thankful for. Having to bring them home separate would have to be the pits :/  One of the boys spent 3 days on C-PAP and the other 4.  They got bumped up to a less critical wing on day 6 when they went off of that, and no longer needed the bili lights for their jaundice.  

17. Antimeny

Antimeny New Member

32w1day nicu for about 2 weeks and 3 days