Birth Story! Victoria and Alexis are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sbailey, Jan 26, 2008.

1. sbailey

sbailey Well-Known Member

Okay, so I was scheduled for an induction Jan. 21. Sunday the 20th we went to church with my family (came from out of town for the birth) after lunch, we went and had sushi (mine was cooked). Went home and I was very tired so, I took a little nap and woke up feeling sick. I thought it was the sushi. I had the runs and major back cramps ( I now know I was in back labor). This lasted for a couple of hours and suddenly they became very stong and unbearable. I started crying and by now they were about 2-3 min. apart and coming strong. (oh, did I mention at this time I was also home alone...everyone had gone to the groc. store b/c we were going to bbq. Well, change of plans. As soon as my MIL and dads wife walked in the door they knew. They called my husband and dad and told them to meet us at the hosp. By now contractions were 1-2 min. apart and I was screaming (I am not a screamer). With my DS I never once cried or screamed...

We get to the hosp. and had to go to triage first! But, they hooked me up and immed. took me to L&D. By now I am crying and just want it all to end.
    I get to L&D and they can't give me anything for pain until they do some lab work!!!! So, while we are waiting for lab work they decide to do an ultra sound, internel exam, ask me millions of questions, try 4 times to get an iv in me! I was miserable. Finally, I get an epidural and I get all the way to 5 cm dilated and at 1:00 am they come and say we have to do an emerg. c section b/c baby b (alexis) heart rate keeps dipping, I was running a 102 fever, swollen, and had stopped progressing. The girls were out and screaming by 1:21 am. I was in recovery until about 5 am (still had a high fever) breastfed for the first time with them by 6:am. And I haven't slept since.

Girls were 6 lbs. 10 ou and 5 lbs. 15.3 ou

No NICU or anything. Stayed in the room with us. Born at 37w and 4 days.

I will post pictures later.....

Shannon

2. ldwa

ldwa Well-Known Member

wow. sounds like a heck of a time. glad babies & you are well. and thank heavens they all got home from the store when they did! wishing you tons of luck as you adjust to this newfound parenthood.

I'll send along some magic "well-rested" vibes that don't require sleep :winking0009:

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :birthday: SWEET GIRLS!!!!!!!!!

4. DMBMom40

DMBMom40 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and Welcome to your sweet angels!! Sounds like quite the ordeal but one that turned out ok in the end. :winking0009:

Glad everyone is home and healthy. Hope you'll be able to get some rest soon.

5. laura305

laura305 Well-Known Member

happy birthday babies :D

6. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:a_smil09: Yay, you did it! Congratulations on the healthy babies! Enjoy this sweet little baby time.

7. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I hope you are feeling better. It sounds like quite an ordeal for you! Lisa

8. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! What a day for you....your sweet girls will be worth every minute, I'm sure. Get some sleep!
    :)
    Can't wait to see pictures, too. ~Erin

9. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Sounds like a scary labor experience...but you must be so relieved that they are safe and sound. Hope your recovery goes really well.

10. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

Congrats, Sidelines Buddy! You did a wonderful job growing 2 big girls!

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:clapping: Congratulations on your girls! Love the names!!

12. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations Shannon! :Clap: What a whirlwind experience!

13. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! x

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your girls! :yahoo: Enjoy them.

15. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:birthday: babies and congrats momma!

:sign0016: to the First Year!!

16. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

COngrats! cant wait to see pics!

17. Angelaandtwins

Angelaandtwins Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Hope you are feeling better soon,

Angela

18. natasha163

natasha163 Well-Known Member

congrats on 2 healthy girls!! Great weights, well done, can't wait to see the pics!

19. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Great Job Momma!! :a_smil09: I have been anxiously awaiting your birth story since you posted you were going to have a scheduled induction. I can't believe they made you wait for lab work until they would give you pain meds!!:eek: Im glad everything turned out good, and you have 2 healthy, happy babies. Congratulations!! :Clap:

20. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Yay for healthy babies! Congrats.

21. amybucalo

amybucalo Well-Known Member

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im glad you are through with the pain of it all, and Im sending you lots of congrats and sleeping vibes!

22. mrsdee11234plustwo

mrsdee11234plustwo Active Member

Congratulations! Hope you get some sleep soon!!!!

23. azmami

azmami Active Member

:Clap: CONGRATS!!!!!

24. sbailey

sbailey Well-Known Member

all of the posts made me cry! Thanks for all of the support.

Shannon

25. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Congratulations. It sounds like it was a little nerve wracking, but came out well. Good job.

26. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your girls!!