Birth Weight Chart For Twins, Nicu Stays By Gestation, And Gestational Weights Via Ultrasound

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twoin2005, Apr 3, 2007.

1. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Follow the links below to find pregnancy and birth data gathered by the TS Community. Please remember that this information has been gathered from a random, unscientific sampling of TS Moms.

[SIZE=12pt]Birth Weight Chart for Twins[/SIZE]: This chart is a sampling of TS Moms reporting on birth weights and weeks gestation of their twins. We polled moms on how many weeks they went to and on birth weights of their children. We took the actual birth weights of the babies and averaged them for each week. We have also listed the low and high birth weights for each week and the number of people responding. We had 191 respondents to the poll.

[SIZE=12pt]NICU Stays by Gestation[/SIZE]: This chart is a sampling of TS Moms reporting on the gestation of their twins and the number of days their children spent in the NICU. The data was then averaged. The chart begins at 25 weeks and goes to 40 weeks.

[SIZE=12pt]Gestational Weights via Ultrasound[/SIZE]: This chart is a sampling of Twinstuff moms reporting on the gestational weights of their twins in ultrasound measurements during pregnancy. Please bear in mind that the gestational weight estimates may vary based on external factors and that this chart is not designed to be used as a recommended weight range for your twins. For 16 months, we collected ultrasound weights from mothers here at Twinstuff. Those weights were then calculated to find the average weight for that week. Also listed are the lowest and highest weights recorded for that ultrasound period.

3 people like this.
  2. jakesgal88

jakesgal88 Member

So an idea because I was curious. I like the idea of these with the comparisons of NICU stays and what not. I was wondering if there was a pattern of amount of weight gained during pregnancy in comparison with infant weight and birth time... Not worded very well. So in other words the categories would be Total weight gain, Gestational age at birth (how many weeks were you when babies were born), and weight of babies at birth. Not sure if anyone could make this one, but thought it would be interesting to see. The book i;ve been reading says that weight gain is very important for multiples and has a lot to do with gestation and birth weight. Just curious.

3. amysueman

amysueman Member

It sound like you're reading the same book I'm reading.... is it "When your expecting Teins, Teiplets, or Quads"?

4. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I love that book. It was great and got my twin here at 36 weeks who came home from the hosptial with me.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I gained 20lbs total. My boys were born at 37 weeks 1 day, baby A weighed 6lbs 9oz and baby B weighed 5lbs 2oz

6. abowin

abowin New Member

All of these charts are coming up in HTML code on my end and are unreadable. Is it me or can someone fix? I'd really like to see them.

Thanks!

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am getting the same thing as you when I click on the link.

8. sheila185

sheila185 Well-Known Member

They came up fine last week and I went in to look at it this week and I am having the same problem

9. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

same here...bummer!!!

10. sheila185

sheila185 Well-Known Member

Any way to get the charts so we can view them again?

11. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'll have a look and see what I can find. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

12. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

Still messed up...

13. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't know how to fix the data. :(

I do have newer data that I will be posting soon.

14. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

Darn! Oh well...thanks!