Blankets

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MusicalAli, Nov 25, 2006.

1. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

When do you start putting blankets on them? There's no way I could put them on them when I put them to bed. Should I attempt to sneak in and cover them up? It's relatively warm in their room and they sleep in the footie pjs. I just feel bad becuase I have a sheet, blanket, and quilt on me over my flannel pjs and they have nothing.

2. MusicalAli

When do you start putting blankets on them? There's no way I could put them on them when I put them to bed. Should I attempt to sneak in and cover them up? It's relatively warm in their room and they sleep in the footie pjs. I just feel bad becuase I have a sheet, blanket, and quilt on me over my flannel pjs and they have nothing.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Right now, I cover them up when I put them down but don't go back in afterwards. I'm pretty sure my daughter slides out of them because she sleeps in odd positions. They are both in footed jammies. We have a little electric heater in there for when it gets really cool.

4. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I cover them up when they lay down, but then I go back in when I go to bed. Mine don't mind being moved and re-covered. They usuaully stay like that (or at least under the covers) until morning. I made them those fleece tie blankets for their cribs and they like to crawl up on top of them and snuggle down into them. Their room stays a lot warmer than our b/c we shut the door though too.

5. MusicalAli

Your ids lay down when you put them in the crib?!?!? lol. Yeah, these boys stand up and throw things back and forth or out of the crib and run from one end to the other. lol.

6. kelly79

kelly79 Well-Known Member

Mine lay in the "sleeping position" only when they are really tired, I guess. I leave a blanket in with them and assume they will snuggle with it when they get cold. I also put them in blanket sleepers with a T-shirt underneath pretty much all winter, so I wont worry if they are too cold.

7. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

You can always try the Halo Sleep Sacks - kind of like giving them a blanket that they can't throw off. We've been using these since last winter, and they work well for us.

Someone last week posted that if you order them directly from the company they give you a buy 1 / get 1 free twin discount, which makes them quite reasonably priced. Look here Halo Sleep Sacks. They also make a toddler version with little holes for their feet to stick through, but mine have no problem walking around even in the regular sack (and it's very cute!)

-Rachel

8. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I lay them down when putting them in the crib. Ainsley gets her blanket put over her, and Bea likes hers in a ball so she can sleep on it, and then she has another blanket that's a lovey. Sometimes they stand back up, but not usually. Mine are sleeping in footed fleece pj's on colder nights now. I imagine if they were cold, they would "say" something.

9. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

It's just a matter of what they are used to. Mine won't sleep without their fleece blanket on top on them even when it's 90º! [​IMG]

In the warm months, I have to sneek in and uncover them after they fall alseep. Now I put an additional blanket on before I go to bed because its pretty cold. I find that they don't move around as much in the cold weather as they do in the hot weather. (I guess that's why it's called good sleeping weather?) Mine also sleep together so they get additional body warmth.

10. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

I sneak back in the room and put it on them right before I go to bed. In the morning when I check on them before work, most of the time they don't have the blanket on it. But, I figure I have to give it a try. Like you, mine sleep in footed fleece pj's, but I still feel they should have a blanket since I use one. They are slowly getting more used to it. I have been doing this for a month or so.

11. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine move around so much, I'd be amazed if they could stay under a blanket. We put them in sleep sacks. I do still worry, because DH and I have way more covers than they do, but they seem to sleep just fine.

We did just start giving them a blanket, but it was more as a lovey than to actually keep them warm.

12. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

My ds will throw anything out of is crib that is not his favorite bally polyester fleece blanket!! He has 2 blankets that are the same materal, same age, just slighly different colors. They are his favorites (THANK GOD WE HAVE 2!!! THEY GET SO DIRTY!!). He sucks the corners of them. They are not huge blankets, so he hugs it at first, but I usually find him at the other side of the crib on his belly on top of the blanket.

I have tried to replace them blakets with new polyester fleece but he knows the difference in texture (new ones are soft and fluffy, his are old, bally, and rough) and refuses to have them anywhere near him when he sleeps. He wails if he does not have his old blanket. I am now washing the new ones with every load, to try to destroy them....lol.

My dd likes a rather large, thick fleece blanket that my MIL made. She made two, so since my ds rejects all other blankets, they are her's. She likes to be lightly "swaddled" in the blanket, or We tuck it in around her. She too moves all over the place and out from under the blanket. I think it will be a while till they lay in one place at night!

Em

13. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

We put them on them when they go to bed, I am not sure why though as they never keep them on. There room is the warmest in the house as they are on top of the furnace. We have the door almost closed so it stays quite warm, and we don't turn the furnace down at night!! We are going to turn it down a degree and see how that goes, then maybe one more for a night time temp of 18C. They sleep in a onesie with a footie fleece pjs over top.
    Mike