Bleach in one year olds laundry?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by frain2005, Nov 30, 2006.

1. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

Have any of you put bleach in their babies laundry...I mean 1 year olds? I have been having to throw away a ton of clothes that are getting ruined. Mainly socks. Does anyone do this? Up until now i hae been using baby ALL. But my husband thinks we should not buy anymore and wash their clothes with ours. What do you guys all do?

Thanks

2. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

Have any of you put bleach in their babies laundry...I mean 1 year olds? I have been having to throw away a ton of clothes that are getting ruined. Mainly socks. Does anyone do this? Up until now i hae been using baby ALL. But my husband thinks we should not buy anymore and wash their clothes with ours. What do you guys all do?

Thanks

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Up until a year I used Dreft or Baby ALL, after that I mostly started washing in Tide with all of our things. I still wash their "nice" outfits separately and hang them to dry. I've used bleach on them as well. When they were younger I would double rinse the things I bleached. There were very few things I threw out other than a few bibs, etc. HTH [​IMG]

4. 2for1

2for1 Well-Known Member

At a year, I started using our detergent. I do bleach things, too, and i'm just sure to double rinse those.

5. Tam1969

Tam1969 Well-Known Member

I do everytime I am trying to get a bad stain out. I make sure that I rinse twice. My girls haven't had any problems with it.

6. stumpstress

stumpstress Well-Known Member

The first time I washed their clothes, the kids were in the nicu. I used Woolite. The second time, I used Tide. When there was no skin reaction, I continued to use it. There's really no reason to use baby laundry detergent unless your child has skin issues--I even asked the nicu drs to make sure. Similarly, we've used bleach for just as long.

HTH!
    -penny

7. Holly Wiebe

Holly Wiebe Well-Known Member

For darks, I use bleach for unbleachables in warm (whites get hot). I have a double rinse cycle on mine and use that. Both my boys had pretty bad eczema when younger and dry skin now in winter and it doesn't bother them. Much cheaper than throwing clothes out.

Holly

8. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

I've used shout on their stains since they were born in addition to dreft. I would say that at about 10-11 months I started washing everything in the same detergent we use. I've always put bleach in their whites.

Angela