board games for 3 & 4 year olds

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ddancerd1, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

my girls have a million games and board games, but their most favorite is "The Ladybug Game"... it's great, and so easy for them to pick up. (and it was made by a 1st grader!!! ) they even taught my mom how to play :)
    what are the faves in your homes?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Oh gosh I'm the worst mom... we have some (I got a few when they were at $2 or $3 at TRU two days ago), I just can't find the courage to actually get them out and do it... I just know it's going to end in drama with my two! I know they liked cariboo and memory though...

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Candy land, hungry hungry hippos, dr. Seuss super stretchy a b c, dr seuss I can do that!, trouble, matching... That's all I think this of now. And bonus is they play them together now without my help!

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh yeah, I just toss Zingo on the table and tell them to play. They've got it down!

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Zingo, The Ladybug Game, Hungry, Hungry Hippo, Cariboo, Candyland (both the regular one and the toddler/preschool edition), Don't Break the Ice, Curious George Beach Game (things are hidden in the sand, I can't remember the name), The Fishing Game (Not sure of the read name, but you have a pole and a certain color boat and you fish for those colored fish),and Dominoes (with Disney characters). We tried Chutes and Ladders and Cooties and those were a NO-GO for now! :laughing: Drama city!

7. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

uno-moo and red rover are hits as long as i play with them ... none of this :escape: for me!
    but it's actually pretty fun to play with them! gonna check out some of the other games you girls have listed!!

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Candy Land is a huge hit around here!
    Memory is also a good one but I have to majorly shorten it.
    We have played Hello Kitty bingo and I need to figure out how to shorten that one.
    Jori, Chutes and Ladders were a no go here too.

9. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Zingo, Candyland, Elephun and the Duckie Game (not sure the exact name, but you pick ducks out of the pond and try to get 4 of the same color duck). My kids are 5 and just getting into Chutes and Ladders. Prior to this they would get so frustrated with it. Trouble is a big hit in our house now also.

10. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

I love games and I will have to check out the ones mentioned.

In my house, my kids love:

Busytown
    HiHoCherry-O
    Don't Break the Ice
    Go Fish
    Hullabaloo
    Honey Bee Tree
    Dora Uno
    Sequence for kids (animal edition)

For my lo's, at their age, CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, and the Memory games are played with a great deal of modification of the rules and with adult supervision to moderate and assist.

11. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

Our girls love Gallop, this game with a book that they got from their grandma for their birthday. They want to play it every day :) Also, they like Dinosaur Bingo.