Board games for 4.5 yo?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Which board games are the easiest at their age? Something easy to understand and that isn't frustrating.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We do candy land, don't wake daddy, and chutes and ladders(longest.game.ever!). My three year old plays them as well. For their birthday, I got trouble and hi ho cherry oh. I wanted to get connect four but they were out of stock.

Don't wake daddy is a big hit. They love it!

1 person likes this.
  3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have connect 4, hi ho cherrio, lucky ducks, the little fishing game (I think I finally tossed that one, so annoying!!), a Thomas the Tank Engine chutes and ladders type game, Candyland, Trouble, Sorry, Sorry Sliders, some card games like My First Uno, and Uno Spin might be okay....

We have half a closet full of games! :lol:

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

At 4.5 we were still playing all the ones I posted in the 3 yo games S/O thread. We also had Pop-up Pirate which is nice and simple. Again I'm sure I must be forgetting some.

5. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

The others, plus Zingo, Sequence for kids, Busytown, Don't Break the Ice. The Honey Bee Tree and Uno Moo (my LO's love these last two but I find them annoying because I am usually the one left counting lots of pieces to make certain they are all put away. :rolleyes:)

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My two really like card games, like Uno, Blink & Ruckus. They are all matching games so would be easy for 4 year olds too.

7. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

Our girls like candyland and they LOVE dinosaur bingo. I don't remember where I ordered it from, somewhere online but I think there are various themes of bingo if dinosaurs aren't your thing.