BOB Revolution vs Maclaren

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by melissak, Jul 30, 2007.

1. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

I need help! My mom wants to order us a stroller this week and we've had two different people recommend to us two different strollers. We have no place around here that carrries either of them in stock so we can't go check them out in person. Does anyone know anything about either the BOB Revolution Duallie or the Maclaren Twin Techno? Which do you think would be better/more practical?
    We are starting off with the Snap N Go's but this would be the stroller that we would use after they grow out of the Snap N Go.

Thanks so much!

2. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I have a Mountain Buggy Urban Double (similar to the Bob) and use a MacLaren Twin Rally (cheaper and lighter than the Twin Traveller) for the car. I can't imagine living without either one of them. They're very different. The Bob is a big (and pretty wide) and heavy stroller great for walks around the neighborhood but not a practical car stroller in my opinion. The MacLarens are sturdy, great for travelling, fold up really nicely (umbrella stroller style) and the Rally is about 21lbs. I have mine in the car and use it for airline travel a lot.

3. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

thanks so much for the info! That's a great help!!

4. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

I met two ladies here who have the BOB...boy that was the coolest stroller I have ever seen and if I could afford it I would get it in a heartbeat. However I think it may be too wide for normal doorways so you may not be able to use it in many places. We started out with a duoglider and then moved to a Combi twin Savvy, it fits through the doors and is pretty lightweight

5. tdemarco01

tdemarco01 Well-Known Member

The BOB is HUGE -- I'd make sure you take a look at it before you buy. The mcClaren is nice, expensive -- most mom's I know use the twin aria (as do I) for every day.

But early on, I used the double snap and go and LOVED it, sold it for $50 once we were done using it to other mot

Teri D

6. twocuties

twocuties Member

I use the BOB for my every day stroller. I LOVE LOVE it. It does fit through all standard doorways. I use it for grocery shopping, at the mall, etc. and I have never had a problem getting through aisles, the checkout counter, etc. It is not that huge and it fits easily in the trunk of my car.

I take the babies out and about by myself all the time. I can very easily get the stroller out of the car by myself and load it back up by myself. I used the Double Snap N Go before this stroller (which I loved when they were infants) and I think the BOB is so much easier to use! I can set up the BOB in two steps and I can get it out of the trunk and put together faster than I could the Double Snap N Go. It's also faster to "tear down" - 2 quick steps and I'm done. It is expensive, but worth every cent. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I think the Bob is 31" wide and the MBUD (and Valco) 29". So yes, the Bob is the widest but it still fits through most regular doorways.

BTW, I paid $209 for my MacLaren Twin Rally, online, no tax, free shipping. That's pretty reasonable. I think the Aria is more expensive. However, definitely check online, there are a lot of good deals out there. Also a lot of people sell new strollers on eBay for less than regular retail prices (and again no tax). Sometimes shipping, but you can basically calculate whether it's still worth it.

I had a Combi before (sold it on Craigslist for a small loss), but didn't like it. Too much plastic. I didn't even look at the Aria b/c sales people at BRU and Right Start told me they get lots of complaints about it, since it "falls apart" easily because there are so many plastic pieces (which was not good for us, using it for airline travel). However, lots of people seem to like it. I was just not taking a chance knowing what my strollers need to endure, next to that, I don't want to buy any strollers anymore over the next few years ... we're done!

8. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

I have the BOB and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it. We use it only for neighborhood walks, though - it is, as pp have pointed out, quite large and i don't know that I would use it at, for example, the mall. In fact, it is so wide that if we did not have double front doors on our house, I'm not sure that we would be able to get it out of the house without closing it up first! So it may not be practical as your exclusive post-Snap'n Go stroller. We ended up buying 3 strollers - the Snap'n Go, a Combi for when the Snap'n Go is done, and the BOB for outdoor strolls (the Combi sucks for rougher terrain). This has so far worked very well for us, but everyone is different.

If you get the BOB, make sure you look around a lot online to get the best price - I got ours for $100 less than BRU (and no tax or s/h) (but I'm sorry, I can't remember where I got it now!).

9. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

I adore the BOB Revolution! It's awesome.

It does fit through standard doorways. And it collapses to fit in the trunk of my Prius. Also, while it looks really big (when you see it, you'll wonder if you ordered a Hummer or a stroller! :eek: ), it is INCREDIBLY easy to maneuver. That thing turns on a dime. No kidding.

It also has very nice bouncy suspension. My twins love it - the motion is very soothing to them.

If you're a runner, the BOB is also a real, proper jogging stroller - the front wheel can lock so that it only goes straight. (For walks, it swivels easily.) This is an essential safety feature for running.