Book exchange instead of giftsat a birthday party

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by siobhan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

Hi ladies

I have posted before about my daughters 4th birthday coming up and gifts! I feel like they got so much for Christmas that thanks to you ladies I am doing a book exchange! have every child bring a book and go home with a book..
    How would you word it on the invite????

Than you everyone...

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am not the most creative with wording, so no ideas for you there. But I love the idea of the book exchange!

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything clever right now, but I'll think about it. I love the idea and want to do a similar thing for my girls :)

4. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would just say something like "in lieu of gifts, please bring a new, wrapped book for our book exchange."

I wanted to do this for their birthday this year, but was overruled by my husband since this was their first *real* party.

5. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

awesome idea!

6. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I would suggest something like "no birthday gifts please, but we do ask that each child bring a new, wrapped book for our fun book exchange!"

7. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

Thank you! thank you ladies!! invites gone out today!!!

8. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

It is a wonderful idea especially if you feel they have enough toys from Christmas time if (birthdays are right after Christmas) I would have done the same thing! They don't need MORE--but love your idea! Have fun! Let us know how it turn out, :)

9. sonali33

sonali33 Well-Known Member

What a great idea! Especially since my kiddos LOVE books, have no idea yet that their friends will be bringing presents to their party, and their b-day is so close to Chrsitmas too. I just wish I would have thought of it for their upcoming 3rd b-day party next week. It would help in my "guilt" of people bringing two presents to the party too!

10. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I LOVE this idea! I'll file it away for future use, for sure! My girls' birthday follows Christmas, so I can imagine we'll end up in the same boat.

11. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

A suggestion, TAG books are great investment too! :)