Books on twins

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by wootza, Jul 10, 2007.

1. wootza

wootza Member

Hello - I am expecting twins in September, and was hoping to ask you seasoned twin mommies if there are any books you used as reference after the twins were born. I have been wondering if there are any "must have" guides/references/books that have helped you raise your twins. Thank you! Michelle

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Compared to this web site, they are a complete waste of money IMO. The best thing about this site is if you have a specific question, you get many answers right away. I wish that when I was pregnant, I used this site. I would have spent time in the first year forum in hopes to prepare me a little more. I wonder if others like any books??

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

4. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

I read a stack of books and the only one i found full of good advise and practical tips was "the multiples manual- preparing and caring for twins or triplets.
    that along with the advise from ts has really helped:)
    enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

5. yellow77

yellow77 Well-Known Member

The only one I really loved was "Ready or Not, Here We Come! The REAL Experts' Cannot-Live-Without Guide to the First Year with Twins"
    It was written by a mom of twins and was full of very pracitcal advice and it was entertaining at the same time. Think of it as the twin equivilant of "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" books.
    Good luck!

6. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

I have ready or not here we come, I thought it was OK. What I enjoyed reading in bed whilst pregnant was "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads" by Barbara Luke. But I have to agree that hanging out in Twinstuff forums was the BEST education I got. It is nice however to curl up with a book whilst pregnant so if thats what you want to do, buy something to read :D

7. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

'Mothering Multiples' is great.