bowling alley birthday party

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by christinam, Aug 16, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I've been looking into places to have DS's 7th birthday and finally found a reasonable place...the bowling alley. It's half the price of CEC or the bouncy house. They offer two game or one game packages. The kids we would invite would be between 4-7yrs old. Should I do one or two games? I'm leaning towards one just because I didn't plan on serving food. I only wanted to serve cake. But, is that enough? The price difference is only a dollar. The kids get drinks with the party and I would buy drinks for the adults and I guess some snacks. I'm planning to call the bowling alley tomorrow to check what the policies.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just did my twins 6th bday party there this past February. The package was a 2 hour party...with an hour of bowling and then an hour for food (with the package we got chicken fingers or a slice of pizza and drink for each kid) and then we had cake and opened presents. For the hour of bowling...we had 2 lanes...5 kids on each lane and only one lane finished a full game of bowling. The other lane was on the start of the 10th frame, so they almost finished a game when the lanes shut off. These were all kids that were in K.

So I would say I would only do one game of bowling based on my experience with my twins' party. I think the kids would get too antsy with bowling 2 games.

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My kids have gone to bowling bday parties and I would say one game is more than enough! Though if you have a lot of kids, you might need more than one lane.

4. christinam

Thanks! We'll need two lanes. I'm thinking about 12-15 kids total.

5. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just made our reserved bowling birthday party for next month. My twin son is going to be inviting 16 kids from his play group friends' that he grew up as he just started Kindergarten last week. I don't know if he would really 'hit' it off with some new friends in a month from his Kindgarten class room? I have not met many of the Moms when we went for our 'Meet & Greet'. Anyway, I just ordered our bowling invitations from Etsy! I plan to get the rest later as we are doing 'Retro' Bowling.

We have the 2 hours package with 90 mins bowling, 30 mins to eat pizza, gifts and arcade time, includes shoes, glow necklaces, plates, cups, and napkins, Food menu 2 slices of pizza, 1 pitcher of soda per lane, each child receives 1 free game coupon. *$12.95 per child for us!

We'll do 2 lanes with 4 on teach team, The King Pins, The Strikers, The Gutterball, and The Rolling Thunder. I will have a table set up for cupcakes, popcorns and bowling bags for each child that will include their team tees, tattoos, and gumball tube.

The bowling bag will be a 'Gable Box' gift box. Also, I found a wholesale to buy tees for all of the kids to wear for their team. And then tattoos can be found through 'Oriental Trading', and then lastly, I ordered gumball(blue/red/black) and tube to put in.

If you are interest any of the things that I plan to do, inbox me. Let me know I'll be happy to pass any information to share.

6. christinam

I love your bowling goody bag idea! I'm going to have to use that one!! I'm going to skip the tees because well I can't afford that but I love the tattoos and gum ball idea!

I'm going to try hard to call today and schedule the party! I don't want the date taken. DS's birthday actually falls on a Saturday this year so I'm excited to have his birthday party on his actual birthday!

7. Sullyirishtwins

You can find those gable boxes through www.nashvillewraps.com (they come in 2 different sizes for the gable box). We are using black glossy gable box so we can add on the labels. Speaking of the tee shirts I found a wholesale www.jiffyshirts.com

If anyone else has ideas to share, please post them here! :)

8. Sullyirishtwins

Christi,

If you want instead of those gumballs 'tube'. You can save even more by doing a 'Plastic Vending Capsule', you can get 20 of them for $8.00. You ever see those gumball machines that has a little treat inside the capsule at any grocery or game room? I would put in malt balls in it.

I was swaying of the idea with gumball & tube. Because my twins' are the only ones that do not chew gums as part of our house rule! I am so nervous having them to chew for many reasons, choking, stick on any furniture, my daughters' hair, and anything I would not think of. *I'm a deaf parents so I would never know if they would be choking in another room. So, I think I am going to do the 'Plastic Vending Capsule'with swirly blue/white lollipops as part of their bowling bag (Gable box) gift to take home. And I have NO clue if the other Moms in the same boat as me with 'gum' issue. Thus, I know most of them do chew on gums. My daughter came to me the other day why do my friends get to chew gums and we cannot? As hard it is I blunt told her our reason she understood it, thankfully.

Anyway, I would double check at your party store for those cute swirl lollipops and you can always do those with label on it and say, Thank you for coming to _____ party! If not go to, www.candywharehouse.com (go to your colors theme) and they have one 48 for $12.00 dollars.

Party favors:
    Gable box with tee shirts, lollipops (say thank you), and a capsule with malt balls.

The invitations are done by www.Andersruff.com (she has a party collections if you look at 'Pierson'. I am doing the signs, kids name label, and team logos labels will be place for order later on

9. christinam

I was actually thinking we would do the malt balls instead because I don't like the kids having gum. DS still swallows it. My almost 4yr old thinks it is just candy. My 5yr old will chew it like normal but spit it out a minute later. Plus, I'm freaked out by choking.

I have DD2's birthday in about three weeks. Once I get past that I'll start ordering things for DS's party.

10. christinam

I called the bowling alley yesterday and booked the party! I found out we can bring anything but drinks. I'm excited because it will be much cheaper to provide snacks on my own than buy them from the bowling alley!

11. Sullyirishtwins

Hello Christinam,

Yeah, I decided to do the capsule w/malt balls (they do come in colors) if you go to your 'Party' City store. I am awaiting for my capsule plastic to be deliver and will order the shirt a week before the party starts. I do not want to be stuck with extra shirts with the head count.

You are lucky you can bring in food but our bowling prefer we eat their pizza or chicken nuggets.

12. Sullyirishtwins

On a note, my twin daughter having her birthday party at a 'Nature Center' since her theme is "Woodland Fairy", talk about the stress out trying to make it perfect as I can be. :)