Braxton Hicks or cramped baby?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SaraSatin, Feb 3, 2011.

1. SaraSatin

SaraSatin Well-Known Member

I keep getting this tight feeling on the top of my stomach where Baby B is often laying. She goes back and forth from transverse up top to breech on my right side. I can't tell if she's stretching out or if I'm having a BH and I think at this point I ought to be paying attention to make sure they don't come too often. I try feeling the rest of my belly but if she's transverse even during a BH the sides don't get too hard because there is empty space where there is no baby.

I'm confused...

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I felt my BH all over. When's your next appt? I'd ask anyway! I had BH from something ridiculous, like 12 weeks maybe, and wish we'd been a little more proactive in cervical checks. I delivered at 30 weeks, so you can never be too cautious!

Does laying on your left side help? Are you hydrated (sorry, I hated being asked that constantly!)?

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Could be either. I had contractions that only tightened the top of my belly. Most of mine where in the back though. Bring it up at your next appointment

4. SaraSatin

I see one of the midwives tomorrow. I'll ask her about it. I have had monthly ultrasounds that check my cervix but I think they just check cervical length, so I'll ask when they will check to make sure nothing is happening down there. I'm getting so close, I want to make it to 37 weeks!

I know I'm dehydrated, I always am. I have a lot of trouble getting enough fluids, I need to try buying a different refillable bottle maybe. Something I will drink from... laying on my side doesn't make a noticeable difference but I don't have the BH (or whatever) often enough to tell. I only get about 2 an hour.

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I had BH contractions so often but i didnt know untill later. drink lot lot of water and rest on your left side. If you feel it 5-6x/hour, call your doc or come in. oh you must drink water water water. it helps alot with contractions and swelling. To be honest, nobdy is 100% what you have until you are hooked up on the machine. Doctor or midwives will tell you what they think it is based on their knowledge and experiences. trust your instinct. If you feel something not right or you worry about something, call your doc or come in L&D.Dont worry too much rest rest rest you will carry them to 37 weeks :). but go drink couple gallons of water then seriously. (my doc said drink 1.5-2 gallon of water/day and i did)

6. SaraSatin

I'm lucky to get in 8 cups a day, but I'm trying and getting better. The midwives were swamped covering for a doctor who had to leave early so I didn't get to ask. I waited 40 minutes and needed to go quickly once she checked me. I did gain 2.5 pounds in a week and my ankles are swollen, so I'm upping the water as we speak trying to get enough in me.

It would be easier if I weren't at my in-laws. My tummy gets upset drinking tons of water without enough calories thrown in there. My in laws don't eat lunch, so while they had sufficient food for DD and DH was able to scrounge something I am hungry! I feel like I've been eating all day and I'm starving because nothing was really enough. So, then I drink a bunch of water and get nauseous.

I'm missing my kitchen that has real food in it...

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sara, you doing very important work by growing those babies. By all means, if they dont eat lunch that's fine but you need to. Go get something quick or stop at a grocery store on the way there. Eat, woman! :)

8. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

What Michelle said! EAT

9. SaraSatin

I ate, several times as a matter of fact because they don't keep a normal quantity of anything. They served a huge dinner and I ended up pigging out, LOL. Before that it was many, many snacks...