breast feeding pillows-which brand is good, which brand sucks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chicklet71, Oct 10, 2012.

1. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

hi ladies, just curious what you have all used with your twins when feeding...currently im registered for a "my breast friend-twin" pillow for our little munchkins who arrive in around 9 more weeks, but after going shopping with my friend yesterday who checked that brand out on the sheflt, she said that brand sucks (in her opinion of course) cause the back part would get bothersome and its too square shaped, not enough round edges for the baby (remember, thats her opinion only, not mine, LOL) and that the "boppy pillow" she used for her singleton kids would work waaaaay better for me....hmmmm, as well, i also noticed another brand on the shelf at B-R-U called "mombo", anyone heard of this and used it as well with good results?

all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated :D

thanks in advance!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I only ever used the EZ2 Nurse pillow but I loved it and used it till my girls weaned at 2 years old. For myself, I think the most important feature a twin nursing pillow needs is a strap otherwise it won't stay in place with both babies on it. The rest is adjustable with pillows, towels, rolled up receiving blankets, etc. :good:

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I used boppy for my singleton so I stuck with it for the twins. Please keep in mind that I don't generally tandem feed but I have been able to successfully use it for the tandem feeds that I have done. The key is to put a second pillow underneath. If you go that route, you'll want help the first few times you do it until you are comfortable arranging everyone yourself.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have used a single Boppy, EZ 2 Nurse and a single Breast Friend. My thoughts:

-Boppy: Hate it. I need a strap. It feels like it slips off me constantly.
    -EZ2Nurse: LOVE it. I have 2 from nursing the boys and kept them and use them almost exclusively for nursing my very long singleton.
    -BreastFriend: Meh. I really don't like it but keep it in the van for emergencies. It's better than nothing but on my right side only Annabelle leaks milk out of her mouth onto it. So it has about a million stains on it. It's not terribly comfortable but works ok. I could not tandem with anything less than an double nursing pillow- I like the space.

Now, to your friend's concerns: I think the big, boxiness of twin nursing pillows works when you are nursing two babies at once. I pretty much only footballed the boys and needed both sides long and boxy so that babies could lay on them and I could rest my hands in the middle.

I would check Craigslist or a twins sale to see if anybody has one you can buy on the cheap. Mine was $5!

5. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

I used an EZ2Nurse pillow and really liked it. Definitely need a strap and a large pillow for two babies! I never used the back piece that came with it. I just put a regular pillow behind my back where ever I was sitting. I did tandem them periodically on a boppy when they were newborns (like brand new) and swaddled at night, but within a few weeks they were too big and rolling off the boppy and it required a pillow under each side to prop up the boppy so was more work than just strapping on the twin pillow. The boxy, large area of the twin pillow is that way for a reason!

6. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I use(d) the Brest friend twin pillow and love it. I couldn't have tandemed my big babies on a boppy. I stopped tandeming around four months when they got too wiggly. Now I only use it at night when they wake at the same time. I couldn't tandem without it. It is big enough, supports my back and has ridges to stop them from rolling off. I highly recommend it.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hated hated hated hated the boppy with my singleton. I just kept sliding off, i spent half my time holding it onto my lap with one hand, and holding my baby so he didn't slide in between me and the boppy with the other hand.

I loved the My Brest Friend singleton pillow with my second child. Adore'd it. Hated to even travel without it!!

I used the My Brest Friend with my twins but only managed to nurse them for 6 wks and only tandem fed them once. But I'd chose it over a boppy anyday, anything that has a strap to keep it from sliding will work better than a boppy ;)

8. Amegge

Amegge Member

Hi guys! Just saw this thread and boom! I've been thinking of this since. I live in Africa but I have family in the US and they regularly help me shop for my kids when I can't get to come over like now. I'm trying to order stuff for my twins which are due in august. I want to tandem feed if it will be possible and so your thread came in very handy,I would also like to cut costs as the twins are my no 4 and 5. I sold off all the gear I used for my son who is now 19 months,so I'm looking to keep,it to the barest minimum. Where can I buy gear that has been gently used in michigan(strollers,bouncers or swings)? Any ideas? I'm ordering my diapers and wipes as well cos they aremterribly expensive here so,I can ship the lot ahead. Help!! Or are there sites ion can order from?

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What part of MI? In general, I'd say craigslist would be their best bet for used, cheap stuff.