Breastfeeding pillow

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by j-squared, Feb 28, 2012.

1. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

I searched the forums for information on nursing pillows and found lots of information on the EZ 2 Nurse pillow but it's all from over a year ago.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the My Breast Friend Pillow or the EZ 2 Nurse recently?

When I breastfed my son, I initially did not get a special pillow thinking I wouldn't need one. After watching me struggle to set up pillows each time (in addition to some significant nursing problems), my DH went out and bought me a Boppy the first week and it worked really well. I used until he was well into toddlerhood (not that I needed it most times by then, but he would sometimes nurse to sleep at that age and it was useful for that).

I do think I would like a pillow that will facilitate nursing my twins and help with tandem nursing.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I think you will still find that most of used the EZ2Nurse pillow vs the breastfriend pillow. I used mine up until I weaned at 26 months. I found it was easier than having a bunch of pillows that might fall down. I don't think I could have nursed my twins successfully without it.

3. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

From what I have heard they are both good. I loved my EZ 2 Nurse! I used it for tandem nursing well into toddlerhood and would not have been successful without it! I have a singleton now, and at night I am using it to nurse her too just because it is more comfortable than with a smaller pillow.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I loovvveeeeddddd my EZ2Nurse. I really felt secure with the strap secured to me. I hated how pillows shifted around all the time and the Boppy wasn't big enough for me to nurse 2 at a time. For my singleton I'm planning on the regular Brest friend as it has a strap similar to the EZ2Nurse. I don't think I'll need all the space of the EZ but want to be strapped to the pillow. :)

5. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I am using the Brest Friend twin pillow and love it. We didn't have it at first and it was so much more difficult to use other pillows. The strap around your back is critical to keeping everyone in place. It is conveniently adjusted so it will fit well as your shape comes back too. I also love that it has a pocket. I keep some things in there all the time (baby nail clippers) and some things pop in for most feeds (my cell and a water). I would totally recommend this pillow.

6. annahs

annahs Well-Known Member

I also have a Brest Friend pillow and love it. I still use it now with my 14 month olds since we've gotten so used to it and it's so convenient. For the first few weeks we struggled with a stack of regular pillows, but each feeding session required a small feat of engineering to get everything (and everyone) in place without all the pillows collapsing.

7. BubbleDragon

BubbleDragon Well-Known Member

I used the EZ 2 Nurse pillow in bed (a foam "ergonomic" pillow fit just perfect on its end behind me and allowed the sides the extra length they needed)

On the couch, I used a "Cuddoozle" pillow because it wasn't as long. Unfortunately, I don't think they exist anymore.... which is a bummer, because I was hoping to get a new "girly" cover this time around. I think the my Breast Friend is a good alternative.

It is beyond worth it to get a pillow (or two) that works for you.

8. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

For those of you expecting singletons, another pillow that I have used and LOVE is the Simplisse Gia. It's like a Boppy but shaped like a comma and fits the baby so much better than the Boppy.

9. j-squared

Thanks for the advice! Sounds like I won't go wrong with either one so just need to pick one. I think the only issue I have is that neither one has very nice colours right now... too much lime green and lavender... not that colour matters, but, you know... ;)

I am definitely getting a pillow as I know I will need it and use it.

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Check Craigslist regularly for one- also with spring coming see if you have a local twin sale coming up. I got mine for $5 from a twins sale! (of course I bought a new one later for the car for $65)

11. j-squared

I found one on craigslist this week, but the woman was trying to sell it for almost the full price (which is typical around these parts and very annoying--people here seem to think their used baby stuff is made of gold or something and will rarely lower the price when asked). Combine that with a long drive even if I had wanted it and I just ordered one off amazon with free shipping (I got the EZ 2 Nurse pillow).

I missed the local Twin sale (it was last fall) and my babies are due any day now so the next one won't come in time!

Thanks for all the advice. I'm excited about my new pillow (Yes, strange things excite me--hehe)!

12. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

I use the My Brest Friend twins pillow. It's great! It took us about a month before the babies and I were coordinated to tandem nurse, but we tandem now about 70% of the time. I have a big chair I sit in with the pillow. When I nurse them upstairs in my bed, I just pile pillows around me.

13. Bumbleebee82

Bumbleebee82 Active Member

My Aunt got me this pillow about a month ago and it has been AMAZING!!!! It's so versatile, and can be used in many other ways for your twins along with awesome breastfeeding support!! Check them out while making your decision!!
    http://www.twinnursingpillow.org/