Bridal party gift ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Jul 10, 2015.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Anyone have some good ideas for bridal party gifts? My sister is getting married and she's stumped. They need...20. :faint: Kids are 9, 7, 7, 6, 10, 12, and then the bridesmaids and groomsmen...

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Wowzers!

Uhm, typically bridesmaids get the jewelry they're wearing for the wedding... could get expensive times 20 though.  Maybe personalized garters for the adults, personalized hair bows/headbands for the young girls?  Maybe personalized drink-ware (wine glasses, water bottles, flasks, etc) for the men and women.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ya I offered up the jewelry line. She said unless she found items very specific to each person, no. Lol. She's pretty laid back, and the wedding isn't too formal(outside at his aunts house). She was thinking nice bottle of liquor for the guys...and that's as far as she's gotten. Lol.

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My sister paid for our hair and make up for her wedding in may.  She also bought hair clips for our hair. Along with unwritten bracelets.   I almost forgot she also gave us an engraved heart from things remembered.  

My sister in law in october paid for our hair, and gave the bridesmaid's black fancy purses with a flower on it instead of a bouquet .  She also gave us some silly jewelry- a big bracelet and maybe something else in a zipper little make up bag.   She gave the 4 jr bridesmaid ( 7, 9,9 &10). Earrings, Hair bows and a jewelry box.

The best groomsman gift my Dh ever got was a little pocket knife with his initials on it.  

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I like the idea of paying for hair and makeup for the wedding day (or just hair or just makeup).  Honestly the gifts I've been given I've never used.   My sister gave the girls monogrammed bracelets for being in her wedding and my sister-in-law gave them vera bradley lunch boxes that they actually do use.  My niece didn't give them anything for being flower girls in her wedding and that was totally fine... they didn't expect anything.  

6. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Well-Known Member

Guys, you think like in the last century. The bride does not need to look for something individual for everyone in the market for one simple reason: she can order everything individually. And exactly what you want, down to the smallest detail. If you want to give mementos, then here you can safely prepare absolutely any option.