Britax Car Seats

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lillysmom, Jun 5, 2010.

1. lillysmom

lillysmom Well-Known Member

I am shopping for convertable car seats. I want to purchasea Britax and found a Marathon on albeebaby for $199. Can anyone provide any input on a Britax, etc.... I have been through other seat brands in the past with my daughter and really didn't like them so I am going with Britax for the boys.

2. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I bought 2 Britax Marathons from Albee Baby on closeout a few months ago. I really like them but sometimes their straps twist and its hard to figure out if they are twisted or not due to the plastic thing on them. But they are good seats, the boys are very comfy, and there is minimal frustration.

We bought a second set of convertibles for my DH's vehicle. This time we went cheaper and got 2 Graco My Rides from walmart.com. And I think I like those even better than the Britax's! Straps are very easy and click into place effortlessly.

GL with your decision!

3. lillysmom

lillysmom Well-Known Member

Thanks! That is the problem I have had with DD's car seats (the straps!). We have an Evenflo and Cosco. So, it seems straps tangle no matter what?

4. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

We have the Britax Marathon models and LOVE them. I don't have anything bad to say and they fit nicely in a Ford Taurus.

I highly recommend them.

5. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

We are going to be shopping for new carseats soon and will be looking at Britax. You might want to check this website, http://carseatdata.org/, for options. You can search recommendations for your specific car. There is a lot of great info here. Good luck!

6. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

i have NEVER had the straps twist on any of the Britax I've owned - very strange! That is one reason I've always suggested them to people.

We have two Marathons that we got for our older boys and they used them to 4 and 4.5yrs of age. They grew out of the straps LONG before maxing the weight limit that the new ones have. Ours only went to 48lb as they are the older models.

I have always liked Britax.

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I have 3 of the Marathons and I love them.

8. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I have 3 Marathons and love them. My almost 6-year-old still rides in one, with room to grow. :)

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Jori, I think we can just "what she said" after each other's posts about the Marathon threads. :laughing:

10. Niki72

Niki72 Member

I just got 2 Britax Marathon CS seats thru Albee baby for $170 each. Havent put them in use yet but like the looks so far :)

11. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the heads up about albeebaby, I am going to buy mine now!

12. bkwrm

bkwrm Member

I love my Marathons! I am so glad I have them for my twins. That said, they do take up quite a bit of space, so if you need to fit lots of kids in your car/van or plan to have more kids in the next few years, you may want to opt for Sunshine Radians. I love just as much and they take up less space on the seat so you can fit in more people.

13. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

I also got 2 marathon CS from albeebaby. I haven't had trouble with straps either?? I LOVE them and highly recommend them.

14. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

We have the marathons for the boys too and LOVE them! Oh my gosh the were SOOOOOO easy to install compared to the ones we had 8 yrs ago! We have a small mini van and 4 kids. W the boys RF the girls have to get in through the front seat but it really isn't that big of a deal! I just hope the boys weight gain slows down a bit b/c they can only RF to 30lbs and we're already at 24 :( Ideally I'd like to keep them RF until 2!!

15. irisflower

irisflower Well-Known Member

Just visiting... two thumbs up for Britex Marathons! Mine do twist, but still are awesome.
    Easy to handwash. We just had our first carsick adventure. Also able to buy other covers from Britex directly!
    Have Safety 1st for other car...not anywhere near the quality. don't feel as safe rear-facing with those.

16. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have 2 marathon's as well, I like them okay, but I prefer my graco's better ;) At least my graco's came with cupholders! :lol: And I think you'll find straps twist on most model's of seat's, I have 4 kids and I think every seat has had twisted straps at some point, I've just learned to be careful how I undo them and get the kids out, now they rarely twist ;)

17. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I think you are right! Even our oldest are still both riding in Marathons! :laughing:

18. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I think you are right about the straps on most car seats regardless of brand :) DH and I were putting the boys in the Britax seats the other day and I said "Am I crazy or do these straps sometimes twist on you too?" DH agreed that he has the same problem. The straps don't twist ALL the time and its not a huge deal, but ours do sometimes twist. Maybe its because our straps are black (and not tan) and they blend in with the dark seat cover. I still really like the Britax seats and I think the PP will be very happy if she orders some.

(But like you Danibell, I really like our Graco My Rides and their cup holders! ;) )

19. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the heads up, I was able to place my order, but by the time that my order was processed they were out of stock. Albeebaby did honor my order and I was able to get the Ashley Floral pattern at the same price.