Britax Marathon Owners - shoulder strap ?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Oneplus2more, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I can't find my owners manual. I remember it being important for the strap to be either below the shoulder or above, but I can't remember which. Can someone tell me the proper fit? TIA!!

2. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

If they are forward facing, the harness strap should be located at the slot nearest or above their shoulders. I somehow misplaced our manual, too. However, I did find it online. Follow this link to go to Britax site. Then depending on when you purchased your Marathon you select the appropriate manual.

3. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I don't think it should be below the shoulder. I recently noticed that the carseat in my friends car was too low for her dd. She said she had never adjusted it since she was a newborn and she is almost 2.5! :eek: It causes the shoulders to round if it is below the shoulders kwim? Can't be very comfortable. Hope you figure it out.

4. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

I just installed ours, and as PP said, it should be at-or-above for forward facing, and at-or-below for rear-facing.

5. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

ditto above. i cannot believe my boys are btw the two top slots already! I hope to get atleast 2 more years out of t heir MAs and FPSV :p

6. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. I thought we needed to move them up a notch, but didn't want to do it without being sure

7. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Our owners manual is attached to the carseat, and tucks inside the seat, under the cover. Check there.

Our should straps are even with their shoulders.