Britax:marathon vs.roundabout

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by abrinka, Jul 30, 2009.

1. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

I am having hard time deciding which one to get. They both seem have same features, little difference here and there. So for those who have one of those what was most important in deciding to get one or the other.
    Thanks.

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

The size limit. The Marathon is up to 65 pounds, and the Roundabout is 40 or 45.

3. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

All my friends love their Marathons. I got the nicer version of the Roundabout (Diplomat, has side impact protection) because the Marathon wouldn't fit in the backseat of my car. I have a 4 door sedan, so if it's borderline, be sure to ask a salesperson to install it at the store before you buy.

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Ditto to what Rachael said. The Marathon's weight and height limits go much higher - which will allow you to keep your kids in a 5pt harness quite a bit longer. My 5 year old is 42lbs and is on the 2nd to the top slots - so he's got at least another year or two in his MA!

5. ejiran

ejiran Well-Known Member

We went with the Marathons because of the size limit as well. DS was 23 pounds at 6 months. I didn't want to buy another carseat before he was ready for a booster seat. Both kids seems really like them.

6. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

The other difference is the sheer size of the seat. With the twins, we have to have three car seats in a row, and even though I drive a full sized SUV (Toyota Land Cruiser), I can't fit three Marathons in a row...so, we are going with one Marathon for my DS and two Roundabouts for the twins. We will deal with the weight limits when we get there...but for now, this was the only way we could get three seats in the car without having to go car shopping!

7. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

My twins are still in their Marathons. I love them & would recommend them to anyone!

8. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Get the Marathons. My super tall DD outgrew her Roundabout when she was 2.5, so I still had to buy another harnessed seat.

9. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I just saw an awesome sale on Britax seats at diapers.com...$50 off! Just FYI! :)

10. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your recomendations- I am going with Marathons.Since my twins are in their upper 90% for height(myself being 5.10), I will win with those over long run.

11. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

We love our Britax Marathons. I ordered them from Taveling Tikes and got a great deal. They also have free shipping. Also, we live in Texas and didn't have to pay taxes either. Here's a link:

https://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/?E+scstore