bumbo seats

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by SilvrHeart, Jul 23, 2007.

1. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

The boys have gotten really good at holding their heads up, but, obviously, they can't sit yet. I'd like to pull the bumbos out of storage but I don't know . . . We have 2 seats, but is it ok to start trying them out? It seems awfully early. When did you all try out the bumbos? TIA!

2. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

I think they are certainly ready if they can hold their heads up. They'll let you know if they are uncomfortable.

Mine loved to sit under their little Baby Einstein gym and play with the toys from a different view. Have fun!

3. infinity62202

infinity62202 Well-Known Member

We just started using them. :)

4. ceb023

ceb023 Well-Known Member

We started using them right at 2 months. Our pediatrician actually suggested it at their 2 month checkup because she noticed that Jake's head was starting to get a flat spot in the back. She said to try and use the bumbos instead of bouncy seats or boppies. At first we had to put small blankets under their arms to prop them up, but after a few days they didn't need them anymore. They love the bumbos, I let them sit in them on their playmat and they can look at each other and swat at the toys. Here's some pictures of them with the blankets propping their arms, and then some without!

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/ceb023/

5. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ceb023 @ Jul 23 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]341694[/snapback]
    I let them sit in them on their playmat and they can look at each other and swat at the toys. Here's some pictures of them with the blankets propping their arms, and then some without!
    http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/ceb023/

TOO CUTE!!!! Ok, I will give it a shot w/the blanket-under-the-arms trick - they're not totally holding their heads up by themselves (well they are but not for very long) but I will be close-by to help them. We'll see what happens . . . THANKS!!!

6. denzel

denzel Well-Known Member

We started using them at 3 months. One of my girls was still quite petite although she was strong enough physically so our therapist suggested rolling a blanket and putting it in front of her legs (making a 'U' shape around the crotch bit) to make the chair fit a little better. Once my DD grew in to the chair, I stopped using the blanket.

7. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I started trying around 3.5 months but they're really only starting to be ready now (5 months). They don't last very long and I have to basically sit beside them in case their necks get tired. The jolly jumber and exersaucer are hits though!

8. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

I was too late and we just started using them a few weeks ago. <_< They love them and I constructed sort of play center-thing in front of them so they have some toys to play with.

Unfortunately, Jonathan's such a chunky monkey, his little thunder thighs don't fit in the seat anymore! I guess that's a good problem to have though!

9. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

I just got one (wish i could find one more used) from an online friend and started using them this week. They both love it.. :)