Bumbo seats

Discussion in 'General' started by Beth*J, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Yep the recall solution is to send out a sticker that warns people to not use the product on elevated areas, and not to leave the child unattended.

3. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

Common sense if you ask me!

4. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08046.html

FYI since a lot of us have these!!

Remedy: Consumers should never use the infant seat on a table, countertop, chair, or other elevated surface. Consumers can contact Bumbo to obtain new warning label stickers and instructions, free of charge. The new warning label will state: “WARNING – Prevent Falls; Never use on any elevated surface.” Consumers should use the Bumbo seat at ground level, but should never leave a child unattended.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

Thanks! A little common sense.... :wacko:

6. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same think Becky.

7. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MissyEby @ Oct 25 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]466533[/snapback]

I totally agree!

8. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

I agree completely with the common sense thing...maybe the new warning sign should just say "here's your sign".....

amanda

9. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MissyEby @ Oct 25 2007, 07:57 AM) [snapback]466533[/snapback]

I totally agree!

10. traceyru

traceyru Well-Known Member

duh !!! let's put the baby on the table & walk away...those people were on the train line!!!(instead of the brain line)...

11. Wait....they need to do a recall to tell parents this??? How rediculous! What a waste of money.

12. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

Am I the only one whose Bumbos already have a red warning right on them that says not to do all these things that you should already logically know not to do?

13. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

OURS DO NOT HAVE THE WARNING.....luckily we have a bit of common sense! :umm:

Missy

14. annlubbers

annlubbers Well-Known Member

i totally agree most of this should be common sense, but I just want to say it is easy to judge and I just wanted to post that my friend who has twin girls also uses the bumbo seats and had one take a back flip in front of her not as an "unattended child" or a brainless mother.

She has twin 8 month old girls and she was feeding them on the table in front of her, and they both started getting fussy. She was feeding one and the other starting bucking in the bumbo. She calmed the bucking girl and immediately the other started and before she could reach for her she flipped back wards. Luckily she landed on the table and was crying from being scared more then from being hurt, but it scared the poo out of my friend.

When I saw the recall notice (I received 2 as a shower gift - I'm expecting twin boys) I asked my friend about them. She does admit they are great, but she is extremely hesitate to use them now since the first episode and the fact they have flipped again while on the floor. I decided to return mine for store credit.

Just thought you'd guys would like another view of the recall.

15. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Eyler07 @ Oct 25 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]466960[/snapback]
    I agree completely with the common sense thing...maybe the new warning sign should just say "here's your sign".....

amanda

:rotflmbo:

16. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

17. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

A little common sense goes a long way....:)

18. pdxpeach

pdxpeach Well-Known Member

think there is a note in the recall section about this. I do agree with PP.

19. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Nov 2 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]478395[/snapback]
    A little common sense goes a long way....:)

serously.... i would never put my baby on a counter anyways...

20. iluvpugs44109

iluvpugs44109 Well-Known Member

Holy cow! Why would someone put there baby on a countertop in one of these? Geez!

21. vivalalexa

vivalalexa Well-Known Member

I'm just pissed that they were taken off my target registry because some people are IDIOTS!!!
    grrr!!
    hahaha

22. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I don't even have one, but I'd think it would be the same as not putting a bouncy seat up on a table or countertop. Doesn't the box or packaging have a warning on it?

23. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I love our bumbos. They've made our lives so much easier. Too bad some people think that instead of using them to sit your babies in, they use them as "babysitters."

Reyna

24. txsweetie

txsweetie Well-Known Member

I don't understand some parents...<sigh>....common sense people!

Love our bumbos. Huge help for me!

25. debid

debid Well-Known Member

If you read the post on the recall board, there is a "repair kit" available which is a sticker to put on the seat warning not to use it on elevated surfaces. Bouncy seats already have such a warning on them... I know because I read it aloud to DH once when he put the boys in their bouncy seats on the counter top and couldn't figure out why that wouldn't be OK.

26. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You just have to be careful where you put them. They were invaluable to me but the babies could get out of them starting between 5 & 6 months!

27. blrsmayo

blrsmayo Member

My DS started to arch his back and almost flip out at about 4 months. It was on the floor and it still freaked me out so we put ours up. Lisa

28. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

One, I wouldn't have used it anywhere other than the floor. There wasn't a warning label on the seat but it did say on the box to not to put it on an elevated surface. Two, if Dax had managed to flip out of it, that would have been a good tip that he was now too big for it so it would be time to put it away for the next baby.

I did watch the ABC News special report and don't think that parents who put their babies on an elevated surface in the Bumbo are negligent but they did make a mistake. We all make mistakes, the thing is we have to take responsibility for them and not place the blame on someone else.