Bumbo Seats

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cbrownie15, Jun 9, 2008.

1. cbrownie15

cbrownie15 Active Member

Hi All!
    Just wondering how you all use your Bumbo seats with your babies? Have to imagine it helps them as far as sitting up, getting stronger, etc.... how long do you have them sit in them? Do you babies like it? It is funny, my little girl sits very still in hers and her brother is so active- his head bobs all around. So, we do not keep him in his very long. But- does make for some cute pictures! :)
    Carrie

2. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I put them in there until they fuss and want out....they are staying in longer and longer...they really like them now!!

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Mine were not big fans of the Bumbo. They do make for cute pics though.

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We have the Bebe Pod and it has an attachment tray with a toy. They both love to sit there and play. I just use it as part of our 'rotation' with the jumper and exersaucer and floor. (I only have one.)

I've heard a few moms that use it for getting kids loaded/unloaded from the car too. (Bring one inside and sit them in the seat.) I still use the infant seats, but plan to try that when we switch to the convertibles.

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I only bought one. I used to let my wobbly guy sit in it to play with toys, but now I keep it by the garage door. They sit in it before we get into the car so I don't have to take my shoes on and off. We use it when one of the boys is fussy and wants to go everywhere with us (aka the bathroom). We also take it to the park and playgroups so I have an extra hand free and don't have to try to hold them both all the time. A lot of people use them to feed their babies solids.

6. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

We use ours a ton through out the day for short periods of time. My girls seem to really enjoy sitting up and a change of scenery. I use it while I feed them cereal (usually put one in their pod seat and the other in a bouncy). One day we even found it useful for getting them to burp.

7. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]I only bought one and would 'rotate' them in it. I would use it sometimes when one was still sleeping and I was trying to get a few things done. I would put them in there and they would just watch me clean the kitchen, prepare dinner, vaccuum, etc.

It was great for taking pictures too :D

April :)
    [/SIZE]

8. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

hey, girlfriend! good to see you here:).... we put both in theirs for about five-ten mins/day. joey can hold his head up so for him it's just a fun exercise, but for hank, i think it really helps him to get some neck strength... that's so cool that addy's enjoying it so much!

take care, jl

QUOTE(cb15 @ Jun 9 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]817669[/snapback]
    Hi All!
    Just wondering how you all use your Bumbo seats with your babies? Have to imagine it helps them as far as sitting up, getting stronger, etc.... how long do you have them sit in them? Do you babies like it? It is funny, my little girl sits very still in hers and her brother is so active- his head bobs all around. So, we do not keep him in his very long. But- does make for some cute pictures! :)
    Carrie

9. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

We also only had one and I used to let them take turns and they liked it for a while until they learned to sit up then they wanted no part of it. I did use it next to the bathtub for a while since I was doing bathtime alone and I would sit on in it and bathe the other and then switch. Worked great for that for a while then they both sat well and we bathe together. They are also great on playdates to help free up a hand like Megan said.

10. Azevedo7205

Azevedo7205 Member

At what age did you start to put your babies in the chairs???

I am thinking of buying them too!

11. carthur613

carthur613 Well-Known Member

My twins started using them at about 3 months. I started with just about 5 minutes a day, since they were still pretty wobbly. Now that they are 6 months, they like to sit in them several times a day for a change of scenery and they will sit in them for about 20 minutes before they get bored. One funny thing that has happened is that they poop every morning the first time I put them in the bumbos - no joke! I say "ok let's get in your pooping chair". It's hilarious!!

12. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I didn't buy it until they were 5 months. We still use it, but my boys are very mellow and only try to get out when they are trying to reach a toy.

13. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

we only had one and would switch off putting the kids in there. they only liked it for little bits at a time. i want to say we tried them in the bumbos around 4-5 months?

also, i remember people saying they used them in their kiddie pools. i never did..but it seems like it would be a good idea.

14. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

Mine didn't like them at all - total waste for me.

15. cbrownie15

cbrownie15 Active Member

QUOTE(happychck @ Jun 9 2008, 09:07 PM) [snapback]818597[/snapback]
    hey, girlfriend! good to see you here:).... we put both in theirs for about five-ten mins/day. joey can hold his head up so for him it's just a fun exercise, but for hank, i think it really helps him to get some neck strength... that's so cool that addy's enjoying it so much!

take care, jl

Hey momma!
    Good to "see" you here too - looks like these really work for some and totally not for others. I'll keep them in the "rotation" of things for the babies to do!