Buying presents for sibling

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsWright, Nov 18, 2012.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What age did you have your other kids start buying presents for their twin and other sibling?
    I think Hannah is to young to understand what she's supposed to do but the boys know and understand but as with cousins they just pick something *they* want.
    B
    Anyways with their birthday coming up and of course Christmas I want to start to get in the habit:)

2. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

My boys just turned 4 this past Thursday ( :woah: ), and this was the first time we had them pick out a present for their brother. They did really well, but they clearly picked out what they would like, not what their brother would.

It was really cute when they opened their gifts, they were so excited, I don't think it mattered. They did end up trading gifts so it worked out well.
    I don't think they'll get the concept for a bit yet. But we all had fun with the process!
    Good luck!
    rebecca

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I don't think I bought (or picked out) a Christmas gift for one of my siblings until I was 18!!!!! I never really thought anything of it! But, what a great idea! I think I will have my twins pick out a gift for each other; they would love it!!!!

4. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

When they were young (2-4) we put out a choice two (pre-purchased) things I hadand let them pick one and helped them wrap it to give to her sister.

Starting at age 5 we took them to the store (seperately) with a few dollars to pick something out for each other. They have so much fun!!

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

My kids start making presents for each other at about 4 or 5. The older ones have bought presents sometimes, but only if they have their own money.