C/s and frontal placenta?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cheezewhiz24, Nov 23, 2011.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So yesterday my midwife let me know that when I had my anatomy scan they noted that the baby's placenta is in the front, but they didn't note whether it's on my csection scar. Evidently if it's covering the scar this can be a problem. The midwife is going to call the u/s dept to see and get back to me either Friday or Monday.

Anybody else have experience with this? I have never heard of it before. :huh:

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I believe the concern is that if the placenta is over the incision, it can actually grow through the scar tissue to the outside of the uterus (placenta accreta) however I can't imagine that if they had seen that on the u/s they wouldn't have made a point of being clear about it on the report. :hug: Hopefully your midwife will be able to get back to you ASAP. I always hate the waiting part.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's crazy to think my/her placenta might be trying to escape the uterus!

I'm not too happy with this u/s department generally speaking anyway. I've had two u/s : the first was very painful and the 2nd was a resident learning on me- it took 30 min to get 3 angles!

1 person likes this.
  4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My placenta was in the front and I had a repeat c section nothing was ever mentioned about my scar or the placenta being anywhere near it???

5. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I am going through this right now. I will have another ultrasound near the end to check on this as I'm hoping to attempt a VBA2C. Not to scare you, but I had a friend lose her baby and uterus because the placenta grew through her c-section scar. It makes me nervous to. I would totally push to find out the placement of the placenta in regards to your scar.