Cakes with eggs

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinletmommy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. twinletmommy

twinletmommy Well-Known Member

Is it a concern for the twins who will be turning one, to have a cake that has egg whites in it? I have NO IDEA! LOLOL

We have no known egg allergies in the family...just uncertain if it is ok to have eggwhites in a cake at this age?

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Egg whites are fine by age one. One of my boys is already eating the whole egg. I started that this week. I however will be getting an eggless cake. His twin brother has a severe egg allergy, so if anyone knows of a good recipe let me know please!

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Here's a site: Eggless Cake Recipes

And I gave all of my kids cakes with eggs in them. The AAP is now saying that you are better off NOT delaying the high allergen foods(eggs, strawberries, peanuts, shellfish), provided there is no family history of said allergen. But you could always make sure with your pedi first. I waited with the boys until they were a year old(that new info just had come out). Annabella was about 9 months old when she had eggs and the like.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Both of mine had had bits of baked goods by age 1 (muffins, etc.) so I just went ahead and gave them a regular cake.

5. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I waited with DS as he had not had eggs by a year. My girls will be getting a cake with eggs...I actually gave them whole egg for the first time today (they had had egg yold a month or so ago)! Since the recommendations have changed (as mentioned in a PP) I've completely changed my food into schedule this time and it's soooo much easier!

I waited with DS as he had not had eggs by a year. My girls will be getting a cake with eggs...I actually gave them whole egg for the first time today (they had egg yolk a month or so ago). Since the recommendations have changed (as mentioned in a PP) I've completely changed my food into schedule this time and it's soooo much easier!