calling all twin moms in and around the GTA (Canada)

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by smiley7, Aug 24, 2010.

1. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

Just wanting to connect with other mammas in the GTA. Give me a shout if you might be interested in possible get- togethers or just a coffee.

All you other mommies are welcome too, but getting here may be a challenge :)

2. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

Darn it - I would love to have coffee. Some day I will have my own jet. :rotflmbo:

3. smiley7

ha ha... if I had my own jet I'd be sitting somewhere warm and drinking coffee and eating pastries that didn't seem to stick my waistline !!! Dreams are a wonderful thing ;)

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

I'm in Cambridge....where abouts are you?

5. mwarner

mwarner Active Member

Howdy! I'm in Toronto (Riverdale area - Broadview + Danforth) if that is convenient for you! We have a strong multiples club in this area (TPOMBA) and a few of us get together at the park quite regularly. I imagine in the Fall we'll switch to playdates at each others' houses. We'd love company. All of our twins are in the 7-11 month range. Where are you?

6. smiley7

Hi ladies,

I'm in Richmond Hill/Thornhill area (north of the city). I joined TPOMBA but there don't seem to be many moms in this area with twins my age, so no help there. Driving down to riverdale might be too much of a trek for me :( If anyone would like to meet half way sometime let me know!

7. juliannepercy

juliannepercy Well-Known Member

I'm in Mississauga and would be up for meeting... mine are 2 months.

8. marleigh

marleigh Well-Known Member

I'm in Buffalo NY...close, but not really. LOVE TO...I remember the days when I was young and free...we'd go up to TO at least 2 weekend a month to go clubbing, shopping, and more clubbing.

Not anymore....sigh...oh, how I miss those days...good times.

Oh well...our next trip to TO will probably the the Zoo or something in a year or so.

9. smiley7

Ha ha, I hear ya! DH and I LOVED to travel all over the place. We are REALLY REALLY missing it this year. Somehow the idea of taking two 7 month olds to europe doesn't quite appeal. One day....

10. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am in Whitby, and would be up to meeting

11. Deyra Mavrides

Deyra Mavrides Well-Known Member

I am not too far from you. (Newmarket/ Aurora area)
    Slipper - when you come up we can make it a twin outing :)
    Imagine that ---- a bunch of twins in the mall or at the park. We can get them all shirts saying Twins are taking over :)

12. Tamaralynn

haha! Imagine the questions we would get asked. I cant walk 3 feet without being stopped now, if there were a bunch of us we would cause a pile up

13. Deyra Mavrides

I think its worth doing just for that.
    :babyflips:

14. smiley7

ok ladies... let's plan something for Sept. I think it would be hilarious to have at least 3 sets of twins roaming the parks!!! He he... I can only imagine the stares!!

I am so looking forward it! Now the bigger questions, coordinating nap schedules ;)

15. Tamaralynn

I am up for it. Be warned I also have a very strong willed 2yr old, just ask Deyra! LOL He does go to daycare usually on a thursday, so that would be a quieter day for all.

16. Deyra Mavrides

I happen to have a built in baby sitter Slip! As long as shes not in school she can watch him too. She can chase him .....

We should aime for early Sept - before it gets cold out.

We can work around naps too --- let them play / eat and nap during a stroller walk. Or they can all nap and then meet in the afternoon. Whatever works

17. smiley7

Sounds great!! Early Sept it is :) :) :)

Talk soon ladies!

18. Tamaralynn

Then it would have to be this week, as she goes back to school on the 7th right?

19. Deyra Mavrides

Yup - she does. BUT >.... for some ungodly reason her school starts at 750 - and is out at 230. So - shes home and off the bus at 3. So - if we cant do it this week - we can always do it in the next while and we can keep him pre occupied until shes here to take him on :)