Camping - need sleeping ideas

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Sandy005, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

I am eagerly getting ready for our 1st camping trip in about a month.

I am working on logistics of the babies; sleeping & playing
    Playing ---- I just bought the Northgate playgard fence/gate system and that seems large enough, although I will probably add the additional 2 sections for more play area for the girls. Then I'll throw down an outdoor blanket so they can't eat all the dirt!

Sleeping ----Sleeping is my biggest concern. The girls are 10 months old and crawling everywhere. We have a pop-up camper but putting in 2 pack-n-plays will not be an option (I haven't measured). I have read a few post about the KIDCO PEAPOD tent/sleepers and they seem pretty neat and affordable. I have also seen these bumpers the length of a bed to keep little ones from rolling off, but I am afraid they'd just crawl over those and land on the floor.

I would just like to know what others have done when they camped with infants. Any ideas would be appreciated!!

TIA,
    Sandy

2. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Haven't gone camping when mine were that little, but did travel when that young. Mine would both fit in a pack-n-play together at that age, but mine were kind of small at that age. I did put them in a bed at that age too while traveling. I bought two of those swimming noodle things at wm (in the pool section)and put it under the fitted sheet along each side of the bed. It's enough of a bump that they generally won't roll over it in their sleep. I don't think that was much help but thought I'd throw that out there. Hope you figure something out. Good luck!

3. Sandy005

The noodle thing is a good idea for the 3 year old that wiggles a lot and they won't fit in a pack n play together b/c they are pretty good sizes - 20lbs each!! Thanks for the noodle idea!

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys were 2.5 when we first camped, and Annabella was a year old. We have a pop up camper as well we just bought last summer. It's a 10 foot one I believe, sleeps 8. We brought the pnp for Annabella and put it where the kitchen table went. It actually *just* fit in that spot. Could you bring one pnp and then have the other baby sleep with one of you? I like the noodle idea. That's a good idea, and I may steal it for the coming camping trips!

Good luck! And have a great time!

5. Sandy005

We do have a large pop up as well, but we'll be sleeping people in the kitchen/bed area this time around - there will be 9 all together. I have no problem having the babies sleep with us as an option I just hate going in every 10 min checking on them to make sure they are not wiggling around. I wonder if the pack n play would fit in the walk area by our sink, umm I guess I will need to measure. I would feel better with them in that. I have had one of my kids fall off the beds - and that just scares me!

Thanks for your help!

6. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Mine both slept in the pnp together while camping for some time. That was in my parents camper where they only had room for one. We now have a camper and while the boys are no longer in pnp we could fit two if we moved some things around. I would stick with one for noe and see how it goes:)