Can a funneling cervix "reverse" w/ bedrest?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Britten, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

I forgot to ask the OB this today.

My cervix measured at 2.3 today w/ funneling. Will my bedrest reverse the funneling? What are my chances it will re-lengthen my cervix??

2. traci_roo

traci_roo Well-Known Member

I have heard that your cervix changes quite a bit and can lengthen or funnel to different levels at different times. Mine did not increase even on strict hospital bedrest, but it was consistent. Mine has funneled further now since I have been home on bedrest, but the babies are heavier as well and my girl is pushing her head onto it constantly. I could actually see my cervix funnel and go back on the u/s as she pushed and moved away a bit.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Yes! My cervix was 2.5 at 28 weeks, with funneling. I went on strict bedrest, laying horizontally, only getting up for a 5 minute shower, and to use the bathroom. By the next week I was up to 4, with no funneling. Follow your doctors orders with the bedrest, and be overly cautious with the time you allow yourself to be up. Sitting also puts an enormous amount of pressure on your cervix, avoid it. Hang in there! [​IMG]

4. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

My measurements were similar to yours. My funneling did not improve per say, but it certainly did not get worse.

5. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I know for some ladies bedrest can stop, and even reverse the funneling. For me a cerclage and bedrest lengthened it for a while, but then it shortened back down due to PTL.